Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
24-08-2021, 08:10 AM   #1

Sunny Tuesday.

Good morning everyone. It's Tuesday evening here after a beautiful sunny day of 19 degrees.I was able to wash and dry all the cats blankets. Hoping it will be nice tomorrow as I want to do our washing and hang it outside. Unfortunately we remain in Level 4 lockdown and can only go to the local supermarket. If you shop out of your area, you risk being stopped by the police and it's an instant fine. Our local supermarket is very small and many shelves are now bare - no eggs, bread pet food etc.A lot of our supplies in the south island come from the north island and at the moment ,they're not coming down here. I've got enough food for us two, but only one can of cat food left. Still have half a bag of RC cat biscuits though.We're completely out of veges as well, so things are a bit dire. However the south island still has no covid cases - they're all still in the north island - so that's something positive. I've got my second vaccine on Thursday and am looking forward to getting it.Our PM is going to look at lockdown levels on Friday and we are praying that if we still have no covid cases in the south, then she may put the south island into Level 3, which will allow people to travel a bit further to larger supermarkets

I've been trying to cut a few matts off my cats, but not having much luck. Poor Dickens has a great big bald patch on his back, but at least I got that matt off.Hope that the groomer will be able to work at Level 3. Gosh, I'm dying for a Thai takeaway but no takeaways are open at all. The only places that are allowed to open are supermarkets and petrol stations and there ain't no Thai takeaways there. !!!

PAMELA, I'm so pleased that your mum's first anniversary was an uplifting experience for you and that you were able to spend it with family.It's good that you are now feeling better in yourself and managed to fit in a run last night.AND you've now got that lovely new motorbike. You'll certainly enjoy that.Did you have a nice lunch with Steven's aunt yesterday ? Please don't tell me you had Thai . I think I'd start screaming so loudly, you'd probably hear me in Scotland. !!!

SHELLEY,,so pleased that the funeral is now over and you're now back in Scotland for a few days. When are you heading back home again ? It sounds as if you're having some lovely meals, including that picnic, which must have been fun . I hope you get some fine weather for the remainder of your stay, and a safe trip back home again.

Well I'm off to cut another matt off Dickens now and then have a closer look at Betsey- May.

Have a good Tuesday everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
24-08-2021, 09:20 AM   #2

Re: Sunny Tuesday.

Hello everyone, I'm in Scotland until Sunday or Monday.
The weather is glorious, we got to go in the sea yesterday and will do today as well.
It's my favourite thing to do, although at first the sea is so cold and everytime I think I'm not going to manage.
I even managed to snorkel and saw fish and little crabs.
We even had a nosy seal pop up.
Pamela, anniversaries are so difficult, I'm glad you are feeling more positive and enjoyed time with family.
Dinky, I'm so sorry you are still in level 4, it's people panic buying that make the problem worse.
Hope you go down a level very soon.
Well done for managing to get clumped fur off Dickens.