Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Black & White
18-08-2006, 03:14 AM   #1

Foster Kitten - or maybe not...

After 3 long years of moaning at the OH, I've finally got him to 'cave' in and let me foster a kitten. (I know I did it a while back, but that was a completely different situation, one of which was heartrendering to say the least)

The kitten is 7 weeks old and is adorable. The kids have called her Lara or Layla as they can't decide. (although I just call her every nicety that you can think of).

So here's some piccies (appologies for poor photo's, but my camera is still being repaired)

The previous home were lovely I have to say and I was saddened a little that they weren't going to keep her, but understood why. Apparently the mum wasn't their cat, and had started to visit just a few days before using their wardrobe to give birth. She had 2 kittens and one has now been re-homed. The family did consider keeping one, but since it turns out the man of the house is allergic to cat fur, this wasn't going to be possible. So they've had mum spayed, and secretly hope that she will stick around for a few more years.

They had called the cat - 'Cat' and the kitten - 'Kitty' which I do confess to calling her that sometimes, but obviously will call her whatever name the kids finally choose for her...

Well, so far, so good. OH can't 'smell' her and so isn't too bothered about her being here. (that was his main reason for saying no)

Here's what she's discovered so far:
*when that big thing opens, dash between their feet to 'freedom' (otherwise known as the landing, her favourite playground)
* The bed! And has now decided that it belongs to her
*Our legs are great climbing posts too, hence I'm running out of plasters.
* OHs ties are great fun, especially as he leaves them dangling over the edge of the banister. So if she shreds it, he only has himself to blame.
*get up and down the stairs in 5 seconds flat
*cat milk is nicer than water
*shoe laces keep her entertained for more than a minute
*playing pat a ball is great fun

So all in all, I'm on cloud nine.. She's absolutely adorable and if she's anything like her mum, she's going to be stunning

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
18-08-2006, 08:17 AM   #2

Re: Foster Kitten - or maybe not...

She is adorable!!!

My Mol's was meant to be a 'foster' cat, she's been with us now for 10 months and is here to stay It only took me 3 days to convince hubby it was a good idea to keep her lol

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
18-08-2006, 09:41 PM   #3

shes sweet, i shouldnt look at kitten pics i get so broody.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
18-08-2006, 09:53 PM   #4

All I can say after reading your post is I'll be very surprised if she ever leaves . Good for you she looks really sweet.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
18-08-2006, 10:30 PM   #5

She is a little darling, if she is mean't to stay with you, she will...

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
18-08-2006, 10:31 PM   #6

She's a little cutie!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
19-08-2006, 04:25 PM   #7

Awww bless her x

Catsey Senior

23-08-2006, 01:08 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naomi
She is adorable!!!

My Mol's was meant to be a 'foster' cat, she's been with us now for 10 months and is here to stay It only took me 3 days to convince hubby it was a good idea to keep her lol
Naomi - Thank You, and I can fully understand why your foster stayed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boys mum
shes sweet, i shouldnt look at kitten pics i get so broody.
I was like that after we were handrearing 2 a few months back. I couldn't bare to look at kitten photo's for weeks after they'd gone. they really touch your heart don't they..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jac
All I can say after reading your post is I'll be very surprised if she ever leaves . Good for you she looks really sweet.
I don't think she's going anywhere either
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moli
She is a little darling, if she is mean't to stay with you, she will...
Thats the way I think Moli. So far, so good. OH has surprised me over the past week, by actually asking she be brought into the same room as him, and then he has been playing with her

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
She's a little cutie!!
thanks Mags

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet
Awww bless her x
Thanks Sweet

Well she's had a name change as it seems she wasn't too keen on being called Lara or Layla and so she is now called Katey. (Its not much different from Kitty either, so sounds similar and she seems to like it)

katey is having a whale of a time on the landing (will post video link that I took of her yesterday). She has also met Luke, who liked her, but she didn't like him (not such a bad thing IMO) and she's now discoverd the couch and the delights of hiding under it. What a pain that is, trying to coax her out....
We've bought loads of toys for her, with a varying degree of interest I have to say, and the paper cat litter hasn't gone down too well either
Her balancing skills are improving and she mastered the 'crab stalk' a treat
But on the whole, she's fit, healthy and a right little madam who is absolutely adorable.

v0820_224105.3gp

Catsey Senior

23-08-2006, 01:20 AM   #9

More pics

katey with my youngest daughter Helena

katey with me

On our bed, just after she had been self grooming

Settling down to have an evening nap

Sorry again about the poor quality, but she's just so quick, hence we haven't got an un-blirred image of her playing with her toys yet

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
23-08-2006, 01:30 PM   #10

She is so cute!

My OH ws the same with Moli & Sox. We heared an almighty crash in our kitchen and discovered that Sox the wally had tried to climb my clothes horse and it had fallen over with him still clinging to it Hubby picked him up and walked off into the front room with him. From that moment on I knew they were going to stay