Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
13-02-2012, 11:03 AM   #11

Re: Dad is poorly and hospitalized

Sorry to hear you are once again having to face the loss of a loved one. I do hope your Dad has the strength to pull through the worst of this . . . and that he can continue to have some quality of life even with ongoing dialysis. Hugs xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
13-02-2012, 11:18 AM   #12

Sending lots of positive thoughts winging across the atlantic Tink (and prayers Heavenwards of course). You have proved yourself to be a strong woman Tink, and some of that must have come from your dad xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
13-02-2012, 12:13 PM   #13

Tink i am so sorry to hear about your Dad. Your poor mum having to make a decision about which organ to save.
I do hope he manages to pull through and have some quality of life, healing vibes coming across the sea.
I'm so very glad you have Trinidad to support you.
I was only thinking about you the other day and wondered how you were doing. I wish it was better news.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
13-02-2012, 06:45 PM   #14

Tink, so sorryt o hear about your dad being soo ill, i do hope he pulls through, thinking of you and your family xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
13-02-2012, 08:39 PM   #15

So sorry to hear that you and your family are having to cope with all this. Thoughts and prayers for your dad's improvement. (((hugs)))

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
14-02-2012, 09:29 PM   #16

Any news Tink? I hope everything is working itself out ok with your Dad.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
14-02-2012, 11:32 PM   #17

Hello...
Good news, he was moved from ICU to a regular room today and he is OFF life support and breathing on his own!! (albeit with difficulty but still...)
They have not started dialysis yet although he desperately needs it because he is just not stable yet and it is really risky to go through the jugular and they are hoping the fistula in his arm will mature.
He has a very high fever and they say the kidney disease is affecting his brain which is making him act very combative to treatment. He got so worked up when he saw my Mom today she had to leave for his own good as his blood pressure and heart rate started going nuts as he was begging her to take him out of there and saying he just wanted to die already. That's really out of character so I think that it is really affecting his mental state which is sad. They are doing swallowing tests to see if he's ready to drink. Poor guy has not drank since Friday and they wouldn't even give him IV fluids b/c with kidneys failing they would have nowhere to go except back up into his lungs and heart.
By no means out of the woods but I suppose a long road is better than no road. I may have to go out there soon as my mom is scheduled for a very necessary surgery next week.
It's so exhausting...one minute they say improving the next declining..I don't even know what to think but I have to believe that if they moved him out of ICU then there is a light at the end of the tunnel..

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
14-02-2012, 11:35 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
Yes I got that........but happy news is happy news even if it yet to be
thank you. we very much want a family and are excited to start. i am 32 and he's going to be 45 in june so it's time to get going if we want this

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
15-02-2012, 12:12 AM   #19

Out of ICU must be good Tink, best wishes for improvement from me for your Dad and more ((((HUGS)))) for you.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
15-02-2012, 12:31 AM   #20

I hope your Dad continues to improve, Tink ..... my thoughts are with you *hugs*