Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
21-04-2011, 08:34 PM   #11

Re: Thursday daily.

Evening all! Laptop is playing up something awful tonight, the screen keeps freezing then fading away, hope it's not on it's way out, it's not that old. Scorching day here, even my boss whos always freezing put the air con on for a bit! let pip come outin the garden with me for a bit. I really dont want him going out but theres no way I can keep the door shut in this weather. He was a bit apprehensive at first but them went under the decking and started miowing! Got some pics will upload whwn the laptop decides to work again!

The complex sounds nice eileen, hope it's what your looking for.
Sorry tom still isn't rating much shelley, hopefully it is just the weather.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
21-04-2011, 10:48 PM   #12

bad news today.
my eldest ferret was diagnosed with insulinoma. he also has an unrelated mass near his bladder. he is elderly and not a surgical candidate so there's only so much we are going to be able to do with meds..when they no longer help then i will help him to the bridge.
that and hestia has somehow managed to lose another half pound in the last month, vet is a little concerned so i'm increasing her food.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
21-04-2011, 10:52 PM   #13

Oh Tink, sorry! Poor ferret, I know you'll keep him happy as long as he has quality of life, but it is so hard..... worried about dear Hestia .....vet had no suggestions re why weight loss???? Sending vibes!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
21-04-2011, 10:53 PM   #14

hi tink, sorry to hear about your ferret, its horrible when theres not much we can do to help them, enjoy some extra special time with him. hope hestia starts to put the weight back on!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
21-04-2011, 10:53 PM   #15

*hugs*

So sorry to hear this Tink. So hard, esp with the two of them poorly.

Positive thougths with you...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
21-04-2011, 11:03 PM   #16

Thank you, everyone. I'm a little stunned as Cooper never once had a seizure in front of me. I feel so bad, his blood sugar was down to 26 but I had no idea because he never displayed seizures. We were testing his blood only for the mass and came upon this accidentally.
Eileen the vet is stumped as her thyroid (with the meds) is on the low end of normal and I confirmed she is acting normal in every other regard. The only thing I can think of is maybe she is not getting her fair share with Kuan Yin and Solomon so I'm to start shutting her in a separate room to give her extra rations where she won't be bothered and see if that helps add some weight to her.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
21-04-2011, 11:41 PM   #17

Ah, that makes sense, Tink, as I suspect both Solomon or Kuan Yin might be a bit pushier about food. And maybe a little extra treats for her when no one is looking.......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
22-04-2011, 10:30 AM   #18

So sorry about your news Tink. We know how much you love your ferrets.

Feeding Hestia separately sounds like a good plan. Hope she picks up her weight again. Wish I could send her some of mine!