Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
28-12-2009, 11:32 AM   #1

Frosty Monday daily

Very frosty outside today.
I'm bored this morning, so I'm going to go into Stourbridge & have a mooch around Wilkinsons, Ashleigh needs a few cooking things so I'll see what I can find.
The dog has been walked, house is tidy, washing up sorted, I've never been so organised, mind you-it's easy when you don't have to go out to work isn't it?
Kids are playing happily, so I'll pop out now for an hour. Later me and the girls are making "bath-bombs" and maybe sausage rolls or doing some other cooking. That's about it from me I think for today.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
28-12-2009, 12:53 PM   #2

Re: Frosty Monday daily

Good morning. Hope you all had a merry christmas! My working day was quiet, no babies however it was nice to catch up with some of my new mums at home with their babies having their first Christmases together.

Boxing day was more eventful.We expected my mum and dad to arrive for lunch but mum was taken poorly and had to go by ambulance into A&E. They diagnosed a TIA, transient ischaemic attack, which passed quickly but left her weak. She stayed overnight in the department on a trolley, no beds in the hospital! Thankfully was discharged home the following morning. In fairness the staff could not have done more to make her feel comfortable,but its a shocking indictment of the NHS that resources are so poor and that this situation occurred on what is a fairly slow day with no planned surgery etc. They have such stresses to deal with, drunks and druggies,verbal abuse etc. Poor mam was exposed to the whole of the scum of the earth and the nurses were apologising for being taken away from caring for her...it made me so frustrated. I stayed with her all the time ,she was so vulnerable! We were in the corridor for over 3 hours before being assesssed by doctors... what a state! The care (when we got) it was excellent, and the staff were patient and kind.

Sorry to vent, I am going to write officially to the Trust and the Welsh Assembly, see if that can do anything!

Anyway, frosty here today and talk of SNOW tomorrow, heaven help us!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
28-12-2009, 12:59 PM   #3

Morning Smudgley - morning everyone! Frosty here too this morning. I am not nearly as organised at Smudgley, but I do have to take things a bit slower! Done some vacuuming, washing is in the machine. Just going to empty one Bokashi bin into the compost in a minute and wondering how many jumpers I need to put on! I am debating whether to let Pip come out with me. I know that I will have to let him out on his own soon, but at the moment I'd rather he comes out with me and is supervised. He is such a curious little chap that I'm afraid it won't be long before he jumps into the hedge or over the fence and I will then have to trust he can find his own way home. Still, once that enormous hurdle (for me) is overcome, I'll feel happier letting him out. Being only 6 months old and having a very short coat, I am also worried about the cold. He doesn't seem at all worried - and has the confidence of youth!

Have a good day everyone. Make the most of your Bank Holiday if you can - weather forecast for the week doesn't sound very reassuring, does it?

Morning PP - sorry, didn't mean to ignore you!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
28-12-2009, 05:06 PM   #4

Hi, all. Sunny, the snow went North and West of the City, but very blustery! Wind chill is -9! Real temp -1 (30 F); much cooler than yesterday. It's not a holiday here, but many people must be taking leave as the bus stop which normally has 10 or so people waiting had only me and a man; traffic unusually light too. To the other market, then home and plan to stay indoors all day ... too cold to go out again, and Leia agrees with me!

PP, what a shame about your mam! I do hope she's feeling better now. Angie, did Pip go out with you?

Enjoy the day, peeps.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
28-12-2009, 05:36 PM   #5

He did Eileen - and he loved it! Something that over-rules his stomach ......... had a wee struggle getting him in again as he won't come for treats! Kizzy did of course, like a good girl.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
28-12-2009, 07:06 PM   #6

Morning all. It was oddly clear yet bitingly cold this past weekend. Today it's gone up a bit, we're in 30s now (it was 20s the last few days) but sounds like the clouds are rolling in and we'll get a mixture of rain/snow today which shall default to just rain throughout the week as the temp rises (they are talkin 40s woo hoo).
just winding down over the holiday hoopla and enjoying some downtime. amazingly, i kept things within reasonable amt of cleaning around here (just did a little each day to combat K's efforts to destroy the order of things LOL) and there are only a few things to do that can also wait if I'm so inclined. Nothing overwhelming which is nice.
So grateful we were able to pop into the store yesterday and pick up a few essentials. I am quitting smoking again (K is joining me) but yesterday I had no smokes or coffee and that was just too much so it makes me appreciate having some coffee today! (I have a few smokes left but after that, I plan to be through).
I'm going to try to take it easy. Over Christmas my back got crazy mad at me and I paid for it. It is feeling reasonable right now and I'd like to keep it that way.
Have a good one, all!

Catsey Veteran

28-12-2009, 09:02 PM   #7

Your weather sounds awful, Tink, I think this is going to be a bad Winter! Where's Global Warming when we could use some? Good to hear the back is better! Right now they're calling for snow here New Years Eve and Day ,,,,,,, Good thing I have no plans to go out!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
28-12-2009, 09:49 PM   #8

Hi everyone - my laptop gave up the ghost last week so I've been out of circulation for quite a few days. At a friends just now so asked if I could jump on hers for a wee while. Need to try and catch up with all your news.

We have had so much snow here, I didn't manage to get home from work last Tuesday, had to turn back and stay with sister. Have been stuck at home for a few days but the gritter and snow plough made it up today so freedom. More heavy snow forecast so it may be a while before I can get a new laptop/pc.

Hope all are well and belated Merry Christmas from me!!

Catsey Veteran

28-12-2009, 09:59 PM   #9

Oh CM., how awful about your computer! I'd be lost without mine; hope you can get a replacement soon! The quiz won't be the same when it resumes after the holiday break if you're missing!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
28-12-2009, 10:59 PM   #10

A bit of a sad time here. Received a call yesterday (Sunday) late morning to say my Aunt was in a bad way and asking for us. My brother and Mum raced up from London and we went down to Devon, getting there for about 4pm.

I think she recognised us as she became much calmer after we arrived but sadly slipped away in her sleep about 2 hours after we got there with us by her side. Last night and today has been a flurry of organizing things . . . I'm exhausted as we stayed over in the care home and neither Mum nor I slept much.

Hopefully things will be clearer and a bit brighter tomorrow.