Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
15-09-2008, 11:56 AM   #1

Daily thread ~ Monday

Hi everyone..

Start of another new week and it's overcast, mild and dry, I hope it stays like that for a while so that the ground can dry out a bit.

Have done a big shop this morning and a clean and tidy up around the house, just have a basket of ironing to tackle later on.

Have a lovely day all...

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
15-09-2008, 12:27 PM   #2

Re: Daily thread ~ Monday

Afternoon Mags! I really wish I had time to do a big shop and clean the house; our cupboards are almost bare and there's wee balls of cat hair accumulating in the corners (even though I hoovered two days ago!)

I've been struck down with the cold OH had on Friday; but still in work, despite feeling absolutely rotten. It's gone to my sinuses, as it always does, so sore jaw, sore teeth, sore face under my eyes, blocked up, sore throat and popping ears Got a big work event next weekend which I am running, and doing 3 or 4 presentations at so need to be on the ball, but also need to get lots of work done for it today!

Maybe I'll blitz through it and take tomorrow off to recover.

Also, it's a typical Glasgow autumn day here: rain, never-ending rain. I bet if any of you visited Glasgow this time of year you'd have a whole new understanding of the word 'rain'

ETA: I just realised I made it sound like there's balls of cats hair accumulating in the corners of our cupboards! I meant the corners of the room

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Imogen BSH
15-09-2008, 12:33 PM   #3

Hi,
Sorry to hear you're not feeling well Meep, hope you start to feel better soon.
Had a lovely time in London, the reunion was great and met up with lots of friends. I'll post some pictures a little later.
Grey and overcast here- I spent most of last week cleaning the flat ready for the weekend away so I'm going to spend my day off with Imogen and Kindly.
Lx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
15-09-2008, 01:09 PM   #4

It's sunny and warm here, but decidedly autumnal. Not much to report, Sebi was very upset when I left him at nursery. We've been trying to 'train' him to sit at the table without either tantruming or wandering off as it's what he's going to have to do at nursery. This results in more tantrums and food being swept off the table But I'm determined he won't win (famous last words)!!

Meep - so sorry you're feeling rotten. Having to try and work whilst with a truly foggy head is even worse. Hugs and hope you're feeling better soon.

Liz - so glad you had a good time in the smoke. Looking forward to seeing pics

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
15-09-2008, 01:44 PM   #5

Thank you Yola! Unfortunately my work consists of putting presentation slideshow together for all my presentations; the last thing I want to do with a fuzzy head!

Good luck with Sebi! I remember my wee sister's tantrums when I was a kid (5 years older than her); not fun! Super Nanny's naughty-conrner technique? (That's the most experience I have of child-care, watching her show!)

Liz - I missed your thread about meeting up with friends over weekend, glad you had a great time! I simply adore meeting up with old school friends, a guaranteed blast!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
15-09-2008, 03:44 PM   #6

LOL meep! If I wanted Sebi to sit in the naughty corner I'd have to superglue him into it He is a seriously willful child

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
15-09-2008, 04:34 PM   #7

Hi, all! Beautiful sunny day here, if a bit coolish after our string of lovely warm days. only 23C. But the wretched mosquitoes are as present as ever, biting away; cannot work in the garden they're so bad! The weeds love it.. Market run and a stop at the Post Office; settled in for the afternoon with papers, crossword (the New York Times one is an abomination this week!!), and Catsey!

meep: sorry you're feeling so wretched... and rain to boot!
PL; sounds like a great get-together! Always fun to catch up and reminisce....

Have a nice day peeps.....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
15-09-2008, 09:38 PM   #8

A late hello to everyone!

What can I say - got about 15 mins of Catsey skimming earlier today, but every time I found I had a minute, I found my OH superglued to the pc! Have to say that Yola's comment about supergluing Sebi to the naughty step did make me chuckle! This house is definitely a child-free zone.

And more especially now - our Dennis arrived early this morning (before 8.30!) and OH and I were up and had more or less finished emptying the lounge. So no lounge - all the furniture is in our bedroom and we are still in the spare room (quite comfortably) but it's amazing how odd it feels not being able to go and sit on a comfy chair to watch TV. We can watch it on the pc, but my office chair is definitely not comfy for relaxed viewing.

The horrible nicotined ceiling has been cleaned and the dirty wallpaper is coming off gradually. I took my curtains in to the dry cleaners this morning and have the carpet cleaners lined up for when the decorating is finished - hopefully by the end of next week. Ceiling is being plaster skimmed on Thursday to get rid of the artex and being left over the weekend to dry out - hope this dry weather continues.

So it has been a busy day all in all. Oh, AND OH and I made a Tuscan bean soup recipe not previously tried for our supper tonight. It has chorizo in and was yummy!

So very sorry to see that you've caught your OH's cold, meep - I am sorry for you and have to say that I've found you can alleviate the symptoms to some degree, but colds generally have to run their course before you start to feel better. Can't help with the work pressures. Take it easy when you can and I do hope you feel better soon.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
15-09-2008, 10:03 PM   #9

Angie, any hope you'll post the Tuscan Bean Soup Recipe? I love home made soups, have a great one for Tuscan Bread Soup .......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
15-09-2008, 10:08 PM   #10

Here's the link Eileen - it was very easy to make!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/da...os_85237.shtml