Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: .
Luke is Male
16-10-2011, 11:57 AM   #1

Of ginger mogs and terriers.

I do try in vain to capture the illusive William on picture when he returns home, but he is becoming increasingly a reclusive as the years draw on and has no time for posing, I will continue to try!
But again for now, the ginger giant.

And with one of his canine pals, they share a mutal love of decimating the local vermin population.

"Dulcie" (for the dog lovers!)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
16-10-2011, 12:04 PM   #2

Re: Of ginger mogs and terriers.

Smashing photos Luke - I especially like the one of them both looking up alert!

I had my two cats and Monty (Mini Schnauzer) outside a couple of days ago, catching some unfortunate rodent. Monty got it in the end.

Dulcie is a proper poppet!

Catsey Veteran

Luke is Male
16-10-2011, 12:09 PM   #3

Thankyou As with our older terrier girly (she's a westie x dandie dinmont, not so conventional I guess), the new recruit will be used occasionally for ratting, bushing rabbits etc, I think the cats know they share this common interest..they've always seemed to involve any terriers we've had over the years in various pursuits involving small furry things brought back. I've always said if I could train Maxwell like one of the terriers, he'd be great to bring with us when after rabbits as brings them home all too often!
I'm fearful of upsetting the fluffy brigade, but I do like small furry animals honest..I used to have lots of rabbits and rodents once upona time!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
16-10-2011, 02:00 PM   #4

Gorgeous boy!

Rik who has adopted me (big ginger boy) brought me a dead rat last week - with bottom end eaten off Considering size of Rik & the rat, he did well. Hes always bringing me (thankfully dead) presents! My sister in law thinks its hilarious & keeps asking me how my "admirer" is

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
16-10-2011, 02:23 PM   #5

love that story Velvet. And lovely pictures Luke! It's great to see felines getting on so well with canines - and for the catch to be a team effort, rather than chasing each other away because that's My mouse (or whatever!!!).

Thanks

Catsey Veteran

Luke is Male
16-10-2011, 03:02 PM   #6

thanks folks, and velvet you should try living here..I get everything, mice, rats, all sorts of birds right up to the odd young pheasant or wild duck, rabbits, moles, bats, frogs, the works!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
16-10-2011, 03:40 PM   #7

Mighty hunters indeed, Luke! Roast pheasant??

Seriously, great pics of the handsome boy, it's so nice to see you posting again. Thanks for sharing.

Catsey Veteran

Luke is Male
16-10-2011, 03:56 PM   #8

Trust me DM the state that most things get brought back in, I have enough hassle serving it too the dogs for tea! Canine and feline alike however all do find the sights and smells of any shot game brought home from relatives/friends shooting or purchasing from game dealers, and I can just tell they are all confused by how these trophies end up in the house without their "assistance"

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
16-10-2011, 05:22 PM   #9

lovely pics