Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: .
Luke is Male
04-10-2011, 09:09 PM   #1

The last photo's of Clementine, time to share x

I thought it was time to share these really, It was far too painful to do so sooner. In recent months I avoided shooting anything of her really, she'd started to visually loose quite a bit of condition and there was always a certain sense of humiliation on her behalf at being recorded looking such a way, the air of dignity which always oozed from her seemed to take a sharp beating in regards to her image.
I did take these originally to post, but just never got round too it. They were taken towards the end of August, her final few weeks. She really enjoyed the sunny days and spent most of them out in the garden soaking up the rays, it kept her happy. She's buried in this spot, its where she spent most time "observing" the many proverbial heirs to her throne.
It may just be me who can notice it more, but she really did start to visually deteriorate from this point on, she looks like a bag of bones her really..so fragile, she almost seemed to shrink..becoming so tiny, quite like a kitten again in appearence and her eyes had begun to loose that spark.
It all sounds a bit morbid, but it really isn't meant to be. It feels right to share the last few pictures I have of her, it was a good day..the dogs kept mugging her insisting she needed washing as she had to them many times, they seemed to know something wasn't right, and she managed to eat a few pilchards and keep them down.
I really do miss my naughty tortie, it's just so quiet.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
04-10-2011, 09:26 PM   #2

Re: The last photo's of Clementine, time to share x

Thank you for sharing those with us, and for the lovely tribute to your girl. She was a special cat and knew love all of her life. RIP, darling Clementine, you are very very much missed....

Catsey Veteran

Luke is Male
04-10-2011, 09:31 PM   #3

I thought of you in particular when I came across them tonight DM as I know you were always a fan She's a much missed mog here, big pawprints to fill though!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
04-10-2011, 09:45 PM   #4

Beautiful pictures of a very special girl x

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
04-10-2011, 09:52 PM   #5

Doesn't the colour of her coat show up lovely in the sunshine ...

One of the original band of Catsey cats...x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
04-10-2011, 10:14 PM   #6

You remembered how special I thought she was; she looked so very much like my dear Patches. She wasn't my cat, but I teared up when I read of her passing, Luke, I'm touched that you remembered. (((hugs)))

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
04-10-2011, 10:16 PM   #7

A very special girl Luke - I am so glad that you have managed to share those lovely photos of her enjoying the warmth.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
05-10-2011, 12:11 PM   #8

Thank you for posting that picture of Clem, Luke. She was beautiful and I so know what you mean about not taking pictures of them when they're older and more ill and frail. I feel the same about my once bright-eyed Fifi who now just looks sad and tired most of the time - to stick a camera into her face would be just wrong.

Catsey Veteran

Luke is Male
05-10-2011, 12:47 PM   #9

Thanks all

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
05-10-2011, 01:16 PM   #10

Clementine was a very pretty girl, she looks lovely in the pictures, i wouldn't have known there was a problem.
I do know what you mean by Cats losing condition and looking quite scraggy when they are ill, i think they lose muscle mass.
The pictures do her proud !