Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
11-12-2010, 12:10 PM   #1

Sizzling Saturday

Well morning everyone.

Its warm here well a lot warmer than it has been, hence the title.

Off to get a bit of Christmas shopping and bits and pieces as per the time of year, and meet a friend for lunch well coffee I think moreso so see you all later.

Have a good day everyone, and all travelling have a safe journey.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
11-12-2010, 12:22 PM   #2

Re: Sizzling Saturday

Morning Kazz morning everybody else

Hopefully putting up some of the decorations today and tomorrow but hubby is recovering from the flu so we will see.

Going to make some mince pies later when my food shopping has been delivered (I was being lazy yesterday as I didn't want to go shopping LOL)

Have a good day everybody.

I hope you have a nice meal out Kazz x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
11-12-2010, 12:48 PM   #3

Morning Kazz, Emma and those to follow.

Gloomy here, but much warmer. Only one fleece on today. There was a bit of a bust up earlier on in the back garden, Pip had raced off after a squirrel (sorry Eileen!), I saw him chasing it from bed as I was still in there. Squirrel sat up the walnut tree scolding and Pip was then attacked by Harley - loads for catawauling. I saw Harley bounce off (he does bounce bit like Tigger) but didn't see Pip. After breakfast I went out with Kizzy to see if we could find him, calling his name and rattling a bag of Dreamies ... round the front, round the back and back round the front again but no Pip. Feeling a bit worried in case he was hurt, but went indoors to do the washing up. Kizzy was trying everything to keep my spirits up, being the little sweetheart she is. About five minutes later, cat flap goes and in comes Pip seemingly no worse for his adventure, maybe a tiny scratch on his face but that could be from one of the thorny plants rather than from Harley's claws. I shall have all fingers crossed when I phone the local rescue on Monday ..... I like Harley a lot but he is such an aggressor and making life scary for my two sweeties.

OH and I are going to trial our mince pies this afternoon. Have a good day folks and enjoy your coffee/meal Kazz.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
11-12-2010, 01:02 PM   #4

Morning folks - houswork and laundry day today I seem to have done less than usual whilst working from home and having more time

8c here today, still thawing -

Parmesan Fish was lovely last night. So I think I'll stick to a new recipe each Friday.

Have a good day shopping Kazz.

EmmaG good luck with the decorations

Angieh - I do wish somehow we could just sit down with Harley and have a good heart to heart. It's not fair your guys have to keep look over their shoulders! Hope the mince pies ure up to expectations!

Have a good day peeps.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
11-12-2010, 01:30 PM   #5

Hello all! The kitchen fitter rang this morning, oven and hob are now with him and will be fitted on Monday morning! What a relief, we have a cooker in time for Christmas!

The tree is in the garden in a bucket and happily taking up water, I topped it up by another litre this morning so hopefully it will be nicely hydrated by the time we bring it indoors next weekend.

Hope the mince pies turn out ok Angie, I'll feel so guilty if you don't like the mince-meat, blame the WI.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
11-12-2010, 04:17 PM   #6

Happy days, ice has all gone !

Had a jolly morning in Caerphilly where the castle hosted the annual Medieval Market. Bought lots of cheeses and mulled wine, mead & cider. Tried oak smoked peanut butter, not to my taste though . Lots of things there for the kids, singing plague victims (very funny) ferret racing and fiery dragons ventriloquists, Tom turned his hand to a bit of pottery- quite a nice goblet made. Hot mulled wine tent very popular and the hog roast too.

Walked around eating warm welsh cakes and watching the re-enactors living out their medieval lives in their robes and looking at the craft stuff for sale. Celtic pendants and small ceramic sculptures of the pagan Green Man, oils and spices and quilting & ragwork- lovely gifts to be had. I bought a lovely sleeping cat model, it's so like Posh when asleep. Will take a pic and post it here.

Have happy Saturdays folks, good luck with your shopping Kazz, and your mince pies Angie and Emma, fingers x'd alls well with the oven Mrs H, You are giving me a conscience CM, must do my ironing this pm too! see you later. x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
11-12-2010, 05:33 PM   #7

Our weather seems to be in sync, warming up (a bit!) here too; was actually above freezing when I got up this morning, 2 C (36 F). first time in over a week. But cloudy; rain is on the way No errand day, slept in, chores and paid bills. I never got to wrapping yesterday ... too much Catsey time!

Kazz, enjoy the coffee/meal; Emma, isn't grocery delivery a marvellous thing? Angie, glad Pip's OK (and good for him chasing off squirrels!); sorry Harley is being Harley CM, glad the new recipe pleased, what's for next Friday? PP, that fair sounds like great fun, just the sort of thing I'd enjoy. MrsH, what good news anout the kitchen!

Have a good Saturday, all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
11-12-2010, 05:40 PM   #8

Don't worry MrsH, the mince-meat tasted lovely but we need to improve our pastry rolling which was a bit too thick and presentation, otherwise good!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
11-12-2010, 08:56 PM   #9

Afternoon all.

Back from the big wide world and now firmly in for the evening. Just eaten a gorgeous take away curry.........a lovely treat. And it was simply superb. Yummy. Chicken Makahani............fried rice, and naan.

Got some drops for Sal's ears and meet my friend for coffee really nice way to spend a Saturday.

Angie I hope the rescue can take your "garden ninja"
Emma I love making mince pies but I don't eat them. Strange eh?

CM I am glad your new dish tasted good sounds good too.
Mrs H great news about the oven.
PP. Sounds like a lovely lovely day.
DM Is there such a thing as too much catsey time...................

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
11-12-2010, 10:10 PM   #10

Afternoon, all.
Overcast here and ready to rain but hasn't started just yet, it looks like tomorrow we are going to get the brunt of it.
Visiting K's parents at 6pm.
Gifts mostly wrapped and organized just waiting for the post to see if I am including anything else then will finish them up.
Friend helped us install a new sink faucet in the kitchen last night as ours was old and leaking.
Nothing too exciting besides our visit later tonight.
Have a good one, all.