Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
21-08-2011, 09:55 AM   #1

silver sunday

Morning everyone

Hope you are all well, we have had a busy few days, getting ready to set off on holiday tomorrow so been really busy trying to get organised. Harrsi and Skye are going into the cattery later today which iam dreading!!! I feel soo guilty about leaving them but i know it has to be done. Been spoiling them this morn with cuddles so they are getting loads from us. I will update later with how they get on and i have finally managed to get a my photos from the camera onto my laptop so i will try get photos uploaded later of tehm playing, chilling and being cheeky!!!

Hope you all have a great day xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
21-08-2011, 10:09 AM   #2

Re: silver sunday

Isn't it weird how we beat ourselves up over animals going into kennels/catteries for us to go on holiday - where we will be treated for 2 weeks (hopefuly) as we treat them for 50 weeks........wiated on hand and foot.

I am off on holiday 2 weeks Monday, but Sal is staying here Mom and Dad will be here for her and everyone else too including Katies boyfriend ....he is bedless for 7 of the 10 days I am away as his sister is visiting and this works out well for all concerned, Tom is a lovely lad. And his Mom and Dad get his sister and the two young children.And Tom does not end up on the sofa at his parents.

Opps meant to say...........Morning...........Pamela where are you going? I must have missed it I am off to Majorca - a friends Villa.
Off out in a moment. See you all later.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
21-08-2011, 10:12 AM   #3

Brought my new suitcase too.........http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...ESAMSONITE.htm

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
21-08-2011, 10:57 AM   #4

Hi Pamela, Kazz...

Another quiet day looming here. Looks like I'm not going to cross the door step again!!!

No holidays away planned here, but Cloud's b-day is tomorrow. Not sure what, if anything, will do for it, though I've got some stuff ordered for her - it just likely won't be here on time!!! Oh well, will have to just make a fuss of her!

Meant to say - yes, she is a good girl, and I am pleased that she's now chosen to like the new scratch thing as a bed. We have had it heading up for a month now though, so it has taken time, and learning how to get into it (even now she prefers to go up onto something else and then jump over onto it). I've used it to hide treats and all sorts of things to get her to this stage with it. Sometimes that one works, other times it doesn't!!!

Hope everyone has a good day.

ETA: Have a wonderful holiday Pamela. And boy, that suitcase was a good deal Kazz!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
21-08-2011, 11:16 AM   #5

Morning Pamela, Kazz, Squirrel and those to come along ..... lovely day here, if a bit cloudy but warm. We did have a small shower earlier, big warm drops that soon stopped.

One of my feline darlings bought a bird indoors probably shortly after dawn - think it must have been a blue tit, feathers everywhere. Just finished vacuuming - they'd managed to get into a couple of extra rooms, trod in by the teeming hoards that live here (me, OH, Monty, Kizzy and Pip!). At least I can't blame Monty for the extra work this morning. He's out with OH for a walk just now. I am trying hard to persuade OH not to walk him too far. He took note of a thread from the Schnauzer forum for a bit, but has gone back to "route marches". Why are men so set it their ways? Yesterday he had to carry Monty back to the car - that poor wee dog is trying to tell his master in the only way he can.

Forgot where you're off to on your hols, Pamela - I think I saw "down South" somewhere! Anyway, I hope you have a lovely time and don't worry about Harris and Skye - they'll be just fine.

Kazz - that is a great deal you got on that case. I bought a Samsonite about 10 years ago and it's still going strong, albeit it's only been abroad 3 times. Sounds as if you're all geared up for your hols.

Squirrel - little Cloud will just love all the extra Birthday fuss you will give her. Don't forget to post a Birthday photo of your pretty girlie.

Have a good Sunday everyone. Relax and enjoy!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
21-08-2011, 11:49 AM   #6

morning everyone.
Very nice looking suitcase, Karen. May you have many happy holidays with it.
Pamela hope your holiday is great too.
Back from another car boot, you certainly can't hurry round with the dogs with us, it seemed like every other person wanted to ask about them.
Didn't get much today just a bell and an equafleece for Kwame.
My eldest has arrived to stay untill tuesday so the house will be full, having him to stay is like having a crowd
Kate it would be nice to see apic of the birthday girl tomorrow.
Angie, hope Monty hasn't had his legs worn out today

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
21-08-2011, 12:50 PM   #7

Ooh! I'm envious of the holiday plans Kazz and Pamela, hope you both have a good time (nice suitcase Kazz!) Hi Squirrel, Shelley and Angie too!

Poor Monty! what is it exactly that OH does wrong Angie? is it distance or speed? I had Morgan on a nice street walk this morning, he walked beautifully to heel (for a change ) but then there were no distractions. He's a real pain if there are other dogs nearby, always wanting to go to them to say hello and hopefully play, so we have to spot them before he does and do some distracting tricks to keep his attention on us. Not always successful

Weatherwise it feels a bit sticky and heavy, there were a few drops of rain just before we got back from our walk but it didn't develop into anything and OH managed to get the lawns mown as planned. Lunch today is roast pork with apple sauce, ready for about 1.30, just icecream for pud (rum and raisin )

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
21-08-2011, 01:16 PM   #8

It's distance really MrsH - most of the time Monty is off lead, so sets his own pace. If I am walking too pace is definitely not an issue as I am a slow-coach.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
21-08-2011, 01:31 PM   #9

thats them in the cattery, took them earlier than planned so we can get the windows open full and air the house. Skye slunk into a corner as soon as she was out the carrier and Harris followed her and tried to nuzzle in behind her but she wasnt having it. Got soo much to do now!! Need to get the house tidied/cleaned, get the bags packed and also the car ready as we leave at 6am tomorrow.

Angie, we are off to Wiltshire. We are camping in a site not too far from longleat safari park which we will be visiting on tuesday for the day so heres hoping the weather holds.

Kazz i hope you enjoy your time away aswell
Shelley, hope you enjoy having your son staying.
Squirrel hope cloud has a lovely birthday, birthday hugs from my 2 xx
Hope you enjoy your lunch MrsH, our dinner is whatever is in the freezer so we can defrost it whilst we are away!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
21-08-2011, 02:58 PM   #10

Hello all, a busy domestic day here, much to the disgust of the cats who loathe the vac!
Kazz and Pamela, hope you both have great holidays. There are some amazing Iron Age hillforts in that part of Wiltshire Pamela, you can see them from the road between Warminster and Salisbury really clearly.
I hope Cloud had a lovely Birthday and that Monty doesn't come home too exhausted.
We have mixed weather today but I am hopefully line drying two loads of laundry. Off for my 'long' run in a bit and then cooking Sunday tea with homegrown spuds, beans, and courgettes followed by raspberries.