Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
20-08-2011, 09:18 AM   #1

Golden Saturday

Morning all

I was going to do the daily when I got up but took Sal out first so here I am a couple of hours later.

Weather a little overcast, but got a bit of food shopping to do and decide on the weeks meals......working nights has def organised my shopping habits. And I like having the peace of mind the order brings. Need to do ironing too,
I am popping into a couple of places to see if they have any "sales" on summer clothes in prep for my holiday.

Also looked at my suitcase and decided its dead the lock has broken and I need a new one. Just seen a flyer in the paper saying Argos have half price cases may have a look this time will buy a decent one.

Anyhow things to do places to be cup of coffee to drink.....speak to you all later.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
20-08-2011, 10:25 AM   #2

Re: Golden Saturday

Morning Kazz, those to come.

Another quiet day planned here, though I do expect to be busier than yest - not that this has materialised as yet!!! I need to do a few jobs round here, and buy some bread at the corner shop...

There was some sun here earlier, Cloud was sleeping in it. Now she's sleeping on top of a scratch post I bought her for when we go to my parents... That's positive!!!

Hope everyone has a good day...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
20-08-2011, 02:34 PM   #3

It was lovely this morning, thank goodness I got Morgan's first walk fitted in (after the daily paper of course!) before the weather changed. It was just starting to spot when we got back about 11.45 and it's been raining steadily ever since. Cats are sensibly indoors entertaining OH upstairs while he works on something or other. No chance of hanging today's laundry outside so the tumble dryer is doing its thing and there's bread baking in the machine.

Just about to start a bit of housework, all ordinary, boring stuff really. I hope you are all having a more exciting Saturday than me!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
20-08-2011, 03:34 PM   #4

Hello Karen, Kate and MrsH, rather quiet on here today.
Where are you going on holiday, Karen ?, hope you found some clothes/suitcase bargains.
Kate it's good that Cloud likes her scratch post.
MrsH freshly baked bread, yum, yum.
We had an early start today and were at the carboot by 7.30 am. Found some things for the caravan. I have bought another Buoy and a buffer thingy that is off the bow of a ship, i'm going to make another display on the front decking.
Also bought a glass float in netting, a new matress protector ,pelican ornament, clothes drier and a book.
We had to keep stopping to answer peoples questions about the dogs.
After a quick coffee it was off to Kwame's training, then home for a quick coffee, then back to Malaika's. Pleased to say they both did well.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
20-08-2011, 04:01 PM   #5

Hi people! Coolish for August, nearing 11 am and only 25 C (77 F), lots of sun and not breezy. Very heavy downpour last night, flooding in low lying areas. My grocery delivery came very early: was due between 10 and noon, was here just before 9 am as I was finishing breakfast! Oh well, at least it's here. Also the new TV came yesterday afternoon; one of my little ones died. Can't get it working properly but luckily Chris is coming over later so I know he'll suss it out! It's nice to have a handy friend!

Kazz, good luck shopping. Squirrel, Cloud is a good girl, isn't she? Oh, the smell of fresh baked bread, MrsH! What book, Shelley? Glad your two did well.

Enjoy the day!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
20-08-2011, 05:17 PM   #6

Hi all - late sign in here. Did a bit of local shopping, and picked up prescription repeats and then went for a walk with Master Monty and OH and did some blackberrying. Got home just before lunch and I watched some recorded TV and OH has made a blackberry and apple pie, so we have some stewed apples, apple pie and will probably freeze the rest of that batch of apples as applesauce, as suggested - never wasted. May also make some apple and cinnamon vodka, which was praised last year. We also have our own apples to think about - we have a little Cox tree and a Lord Lambourne, which is a very nice eater.

So that's all the news here. OH has taken Monty out for his afternoon stroll and I'm just about to pop out to get some ice cream or cream (not sure which) to go with our pie! Very naughty, but nice.

Hope all are enjoying their w/end.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
20-08-2011, 05:34 PM   #7

I am going to Spain Majorca to a friends villa there are 6 of us going.

Catsey Veteran

20-08-2011, 06:13 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
I am going to Spain Majorca to a friends villa there are 6 of us going.
Great, you should have fun !

Catsey Veteran

20-08-2011, 06:16 PM   #9

My book Eileen is Gypsy Bride by Sam Skye Lee. It's a true story of a young girl falling in love with a Gypsy boy.
The couple featured in a tv series shown recently called my big fat gypsy wedding. It was all about the gypsy culture and in patricular weddings.