Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
18-08-2011, 08:30 AM   #1

Cerise Thursday

Good morning! Brrrr a cold one today. 10 C. in the car as I took off for the gym at 7am. like an Autumn morning!

Posh has shown little interest in her covered litter tray placed strategically by the back door she's sniffed around the outside but doesn't try to touch the flap door. She's use her other tray today though. Should I put some of her wet litter inside the new one?

Will phone the animal shelter later, see if there's news about our rescued terrier, I'll call him 'Alfie' for now

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
18-08-2011, 10:10 AM   #2

Re: Cerise Thursday

Morning PP it's absolutely pouring down here today, going to have to really grit my teeth for a dog walk this morning, might not bother and just hope the weather's better later on and go for a longer walk than usual this afternoon.

I think it's a good idea putting some used, damp litter into the new box for Posh, it'll smell right and might be just the encouragement she needs.

Off for some coffee now, will check in again later on!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
18-08-2011, 11:48 AM   #3

morning PP and mrsH and of course all to follow.
PP could you perhaps prop the flap open on the litter tray untill she gets used to it ?
Have to say it's a beautiful sunny day here, we are just back from a dog walk.
whilst we were away we missed two dog training sessions and i have worked realy hard with Kwame, his lead work is coming on nicely as long as i keep on top of him. However when i ask him to do other things he just looks at me as if he hasn't a clue what i want. Think i'm in for a showing up on saturday.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
18-08-2011, 12:10 PM   #4

Afternoon all! Very gloomy here and getting darker by the minute - just heard on local radio that Bournemouth has been hit by bad flooding after torrential rain, seems it may be heading this way! Don't think we have any members living in Bournemouth area???

Expecting more transcription work this afternoon - after a couple of very slow months work-wise, I am getting busier which is always good news. May get enough to pay for my car - service/MOT, road tax this month and insurance next.

Glad to hear that Kwame's lead work is going well Shelley - Monty sometimes is a good boy and other times not, but he doesn't seem to be pulling quite as badly, just need to get him walking in a straight line! Number of times he's nearly tripped me over!

Have a good day all, whatever you're up to, keep dry if possible!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
18-08-2011, 12:38 PM   #5

PS It's raining steadily here now - good news for the runner beans!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
18-08-2011, 03:35 PM   #6

Hey, people! Sun has retreated behind some lowering clouds, there's a chance of rain on and off all day/evening. Right now at almost 10:30 it's 27 C (80 F), no breeze, not too humid. The building is testing the fire alarm system this morning; very noisy, very annoying! Down to the library to change book, picked grass. That's all my exciting news!

Angie, glad the beans are getting rained on! MrsH, did you ever get a walk? PP, wow, it is really chilly for August where you are! Shelley, do you think Kwame has really forgotten or is testing you to see what he can get away with?

Stay dry if possible!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
18-08-2011, 03:58 PM   #7

Hi all...

PP - I've hooded litter trays, but have just left the flaps off of them. It does OK...

I was pretty well sent home from work on the early side today (well, somethng like that anyway!) cause I looked wabbit - got up feeling almost as tired as when I went to bed...

Quiet evening for me I think!!!

Catsey Veteran

18-08-2011, 04:00 PM   #8

Eileen, i think Kwame is testing me to see if he can get away with it
I hope you managed to find some good books. I got lots read whilst we were away.
The weather has been great today, got some gardening done. Also had a clean up inside which was long overdue.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
18-08-2011, 04:35 PM   #9

I rather suspected that, Shelley, he sounds like a clever dog. Got Wilbur Smith's Monsoon; haven't read any of his but he got a good recommendation in the Books section on our sister forum OFF.

Catsey Veteran

18-08-2011, 05:05 PM   #10

glad you found a book Eileen, hope it's a good one. I haven't heard of him.
On the caravan site there is a book exchange in the laundry, i picked up a Lesley Pierce book, stolen.
I hadn't read any of hers as i read mainly non fiction but i realy did enjoy it.