Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
16-08-2011, 09:27 AM   #1

Purple Tuesday

Morning everyone, I couldnt think of any cocktails so thought i would use a colour instead as maybe a new theme?

Im getting ready to head to work, getting the earlier train though so that i can go past George Square on the way to work and have a look at the filming of the hollywood movie WWZ thats being filmed there for 2 weeks. It also has Brad Pitt in it so hopefully get a wee look at him!!!!

Harris finished his meds today and is definately getting back to normal as he is running about mad!!! I have got some new pics of them both which i will post when i get a cable for my wee camera or a card reader that works

Working until 8pm this week so its going ot be a long week

Hope you all have agood day

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
16-08-2011, 11:01 AM   #2

Re: Purple Tuesday

WOW! Brad Pitt? You would definitely have a big claim to fame if you saw him .... and be a very lucky bunny too!

Glad to hear that Harris is more himself now and I look forward to seeing photos.

Overcast day here and really doesn't look as if it's made up it's mind whether to rain or not. Need to go and hunt for more dog training treats later, and will be going to a neighbour to pick some damsons. Monty is at training class tonight.

Have a great day everyone, with or without Brad!

Edit to say: A not-known factoid about me - I have a Pitt-stop in my wardrobe!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
16-08-2011, 01:00 PM   #3

Overcast here today too, I put a jacket on for Morgan's morning walk as I thought there was a possibility of rain but it hasn't happened yet. Starting to see signs of the approaching Autumn during our walks now, acorns and hazelnuts have started falling to the ground, blackberries are ripening and some of the trees are changing colour. The days are shortening, our street lights came on at 8.30 yesterday, looks like Summer's over lets hope we have an Indian one

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
16-08-2011, 02:33 PM   #4

rain here. back home from work and grabbing a late lunch..

Hope everyone has a good day!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
16-08-2011, 03:49 PM   #5

Hi, all, the rain has finally stopped after days; it's alternating clouds and sun, more of the former, and still unseasonably cool. A bit after 10:30 and only 24 C (74 F), a rather brisk breeze is keeping it feeling cooler than it actually is. I want my 90s back! But not likely this week. Leia's meds should come today, will let you know. She seems absolutely fine, just her normal self. No interesting news.

Oh wow, hope you do see Brad Pitt! Angie, hope class goes well tonight, MrsH, it's getting dark noticeably earlier, isn't it? Sad. Hope lunch was good, Squirrel.

I like the color theme for the Daily!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
16-08-2011, 04:46 PM   #6

hi everyone.
Pamela i'm glad to hear Harris is on the mend.
Glad also that Leia is fine, Eileen.
Went to Preston this morning and bought a few bits and pieces, nothing interesting.
Why is it so difficult to open an account at the bank.
I needed advice on where to put a bit of money and so spoke to an advisor for 20 mins. Decided to top up my existing isa. Had to go to the counter to complete this, only to be told i would have to ring to make sure the interest went up. I was very confused and couldn't grasp what the cashier was saying. I had to ask her what i should say on the phone.
After waiting for 5 mins on the branch phone, i gave all my details, only to be told it was the wrong department.
The correct department then wanted to go through all the saving options again. After 20 mins, mission was accomplished ( i think ), will see when i get the certificate.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
16-08-2011, 04:55 PM   #7

Good grief, Shelley! What a ridiculous runaround at the bank! Especially as you're, in effect, lending them some money!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
16-08-2011, 08:57 PM   #8

Angie, a Pitt Stop?
Banks are frustrating aren't they Shelley?!? Glad Leia is fien DM.
Interesting that Tuesdays are purple for you Pamela, they are light blue for me!
Mrs H, I have spotted loads of sloes this year so that will be plenty of sloe gin for Christmas!
I've just been packing as I'm on my travels tomorrow. I'll post a picture clue if I get the chance. Might be a bit obscure though.