Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Imogen BSH
15-08-2011, 11:27 AM   #1

Erin's naming ceremony

We had a lovely day on Saturday and I thought I'd share a couple of pics. We decided to have a naming ceremony rather than a christening as we are not religious and didn't feel comfortable having a church service.
My dad took the ceremony and did us proud, it was beautiful! My OH and I made promises to Erin and we had 'sponsors' rather than godparents. We also gave the guests paper butterflies that they all wrote a message on and we'll keep them until she's old enough to read them.

Not looking too impressed with her hairband!

Beautiful bunting my friend made for her

My little sister made some yummy cupcakes!

Amazing cake!

Very excited about opening presents yesterday!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
15-08-2011, 12:43 PM   #2

Re: Erin's naming ceremony

Wow...... you have been feeding her haven't you since I last sw her she is a proper beautiful litttle girl now not a baby, but still a very happy cheerful soul I see.

Looks like a lovely day and the idea of the butterflies is brilliant....how did you think of that? a really nice idea for her to have something she can keep.
A good friend of mine wrote his daughter a Christmas card letters 4 weeks before she was born in Jan, he said he wanted her to have a record of his thoughts as she grew up (he lost his own father just before the pregnancy). He has done it every year since she is 11 now. And he is keeping them for her he said himself the other day he was rereading them and was amazed how much he had "forgotten" about how he felt even a couple of years ago he writes about all her achievements, little ailments,milestones and general things like trying to eat the cats dinner........collecting worms for a farm etc etc. Mind you he is also keeps a diary and writes religiously in that nightly.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
15-08-2011, 12:50 PM   #3

Glad you all had a splendid day PP! Erin certainly has grown into a lovely little girl. I too love the butterfly idea, that is so special. I still have a copy of the Christening invitation my mum sent to a godmother and was glad I had it to put in my album when I sorted out my childhood photos last winter. Those sort of things are very special keepsakes - I envy Erin her butterflies!

Those cupcakes and the cake look very yummy!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
15-08-2011, 02:00 PM   #4

Erin looks so bonny Liz, she's a gorgeous little girl. Love the cakes - of course - and the idea of the naming ceremony is lovely. Hope, when she is older, Erin appreciates all the hard work that went into her special day.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
15-08-2011, 03:44 PM   #5

Thanks for explaining what a naming ceremony is; I wasn't familiar with it. Looks simply lovely; Erin has really grown, what a pretty little girl! Yummy looking food!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
15-08-2011, 03:59 PM   #6

What a pretty little girl Erin is!

Love the idea of a naming ceremony, I'd never heard of it before either....

The butterfly idea is great, very girly - Erin will love that when she is old enough to see the photos.

Your second photo says it all ......... a wonderful day for a very happy little girl!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
15-08-2011, 05:43 PM   #7

How lovely Glad you had such a wonderful day, and Erin is such a little cutie.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Imogen BSH
15-08-2011, 06:50 PM   #8

Thank you all! She certainly has grown since you saw her Kazz!
I've kept all sorts of odd things for her Angie-all the cards we got when she was born and her hospital bracelets, then other things like her first party invitation, a map of where we went on our first holiday etc. I also bought a paper for the day she was born and want to get one on her first birthday too.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
15-08-2011, 07:37 PM   #9

looks like a lovely day was had

shes a little cutie pie!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
15-08-2011, 08:03 PM   #10

She is a real little cutie, glad she had a lovely naming day.