Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
14-08-2011, 09:35 AM   #1

Pina Colada Sunday

Morning everyone, we were woken early by the sunshine this morn for a wee change and then the cats jumped on us!!

Heading off for my flying lesson today as the weather is better so looking forward to that

Working 12pm - 8pm shifts this week so wont be able to attend the quiz this week as i have to get the train home as im not using the car

Hope you all have a good day, i will check in later

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
14-08-2011, 11:50 AM   #2

Re: Pina Colada Sunday

Moorning all - just. Never tried a pina colada.......one holiday a good few years ago I started working my way through the cocktail list one a night after dinner..........

In work at 4 this evening, stocktake.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
14-08-2011, 11:56 AM   #3

Morning (just) Pamela and Kazz!

Kazz! Perhaps you'll have to start at the Z and work backwards next holiday, otherwise, you won't get to "P". Here's a recipe. Not for me this one, sounds too sweet!

Have a good day all. Sunny here and humid.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
14-08-2011, 02:12 PM   #4

Hello all!

I did have a Nada Colada when I was visiting family in Belgium once. Gorgeous! Would have loved another, but for a drink it was Very filling!!! Think the spirit part in the Pina Colada might have been a bit much for me though - and the bottled stuff I see in supermarkets looks awful in comparison to what I can remember...

Quietish start to the day here - went to church and came home via Sainsburys so I could pick up a card and some flowers for my brother and co. Home for lunch and a bit of a break now, and at 3 will head over to parents. Will need to do something about feeding wee one before I go, cause I think I'll be staying quite late this time...

Hope the flying goes well Pamela

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
14-08-2011, 03:43 PM   #5

Hi all! What dismal weather here: been raining on and off since yesterday morning and much cooler than it should be for August: about 10:30 am and only 22 C (72 F). Will continue like this till late Monday ... bah! I want my sunshine and warmth back! I did get out between showers to get grass for Leia. Will be the usual indoor with paper and puzzle afternoon.

I've never tried a Pina Colada either; I don't care for sweet drinks; stick to my gin! Squirrel, enjoy the family do; Pamela, hope you enjoy the flying lesson, the mere idea of it horrifies me! Kazz hope all's quiet at work, no more hooligans treying to break in! Hi, Angie, glad you have some sun!

Enjoy the day, we're losing evening daylight!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
14-08-2011, 07:48 PM   #6

Hello lassies

I'm late signing in because I have been out for the day to a village in the Mendip Hills to see my friend. It's a gorgeous part of the country, the journey made more pleasant by fab weather, sunny & warm.

Jacqui has had a bilateral mastectomy, going through a chemo regime at the moment but had a wonderful & brave personality which lifts everyone around her. We met as midwives in the Birth Centre but as her OH had to move to do his paramedic training she left our area about 2 years ago. Was diagnosed in February, we were both 51 in March, just a few days between our birthdays.

Had a lovely meal in the local village pub, she lives in Chilcompton near Radstock- will recommend Sunday lunch at the Somerset Wagon there

Pina Colada was my first cocktail on my Caribbean cruise- not my last tho
Flying lessons- brave girl Pamela, there was a balloon fiesta in Bristol today but we didn't see any

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
14-08-2011, 08:40 PM   #7

Hello all, not sure where the weekend went! Housework, shopping, laundry and gardening! A long (to me) run with thankfully no scary dogs today.
PP hope your friend makes a good recovery. Eileen, hope you get some sunshine soon. I'm looking forward to hearing about Pamela's flying lesson! Hope everyone had a mice day with their various friends and family!

Catsey Veteran

14-08-2011, 09:20 PM   #8

CS, as one who's prone to typos, It's not nice of me to comment but I did get a laugh at everyone having a mice day! Poor Leia will never have a mice day again now that we're up high on the 5th floor, but I have visions of all the Catsey cats reveling on mice galore.....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
14-08-2011, 09:51 PM   #9

Oops - I am a dreadful typist! DM I don't know if you ever saw Morecambe and Wise? To paraphrase the great Eric Morecome 'I type all the right words, not necessarily in the right order'.

Catsey Veteran

14-08-2011, 10:15 PM   #10

Sorry, that wasn't nice of me, but the mental picture of gamboling mice was simply too much to resist....

You know what Oscar Wilde said,,,,