Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
13-08-2011, 08:55 AM   #1

Saturday; Vodka Martini shaken not stirred

I like James Bond.

Morning everyone, bright and breezy here already been out for an hour with Sal. Now having piece toast and coffee then off to the bank, the shops, maybe get my tyres today and then who knows...................

Hope everyone is good sorry not been around much life and work so I have been very busy.
Work tomorrow night too our yearly stocktake. The "bone headed rioters" appear to have crawled back under their stones.The underbelly of human nature.

Anyhow enough of them and onto happy times Sophie has found herself a job - yeah!
Mom and Dad okay although Dad's leg is no better went for tests yesterday and seems he has very damaged nerves due to the shingles. His breathing is bad too. thinking of chucking him in a bag and giving him a shake up. Molly has made the trials for the under 12 county swimming team.
Taylor has been told she wil be a prefect at school next term Sophie has also today received her provisional driving licence.
My SIL has just got conformation of a university place starting next Sept she is going to be a midwife......

So all good here. I am still stripping walpaper off the living room (not going at my usual full steam ahead) seems like all I have time for is one strip paper every 4 days)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Imogen BSH
13-08-2011, 09:14 AM   #2

Re: Saturday; Vodka Martini shaken not stirred

Hope you have a good day Kazz.

It's Erin's naming ceremony this afternoon and I've finally got everything done, nothing like leaving it to the last minute.
The lady herself has had a hearty breakfast of shreddies, toast and fruit-a lot of which was sneaked to Darcy under the highchair tray and is about to have a nap while I get myself ready!
Just keeping everything crossed that it's not too wet today, it has rained a lot overnight but it seems to be brightening up now. Will post some pics next week.

Have a good weekend everyone! xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
13-08-2011, 09:43 AM   #3

Hi Kazz and Pinklizzie...

Gosh you both sound busy!!!

Quiet Saturday home for me - thank goodness!!! With work and the last few weekends being busy and away I find a day in is just what I need...

Gave cloud her worming tab last night - she was very good, and took it from Mum fairly easily. Little bit of squirming, tongue rolling, but it seemed to disappear pretty quickly, and I've seen no sign of it anywhere else... But she's always been good about showing her displeasure at the various things Mum chooses to do (nail clipping, eye drops and similar) but still actually letting me do them!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
13-08-2011, 11:03 AM   #4

Hi all! Happy Name Day to Erin .... hope the day goes well and the rain holds off. We also had rain overnight - both cats came in whilst it was still dark and wanted to be stroked, well Kizzy did! Wet cat in the dark is not my most favourite way of waking up. Sleeping not so well atm anyway, having quite vivid dreams and not feeling rested. Time of life I suppose.

Sorry about your dad's breathing problems Kazz - has he suffered with breathing problems in the past? I know mine has been poor recently, I always suspect low air pressure affects me.

Sorting out Monty Bogle's file just now - getting rid of all those bits of paper no longer needed. I updated our petlog registration to "premium" so can amend his records online as needed - I would think this additional facility would be ideal for those who regularly take their dog abroad or on holiday. Does anyone else use it???

Have a good day everyone. Yes, I'll have a vodka martini, shaken not stirred too - sounds good. I really wonder whether anyone (apart from James Bond of course) could taste the difference

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
13-08-2011, 11:22 AM   #5

ARGGGGH! Just got to the end of my post and clicked on the advert below ....

So, I patiently start again,

Hi Ladies, Happy naming day Erin, be a good girl for your mam and dad- good weather coming your way Liz, it's improving here.

James Bond's VM-SNS, yep he'd sure know if it was stirred Vivid dreams here too Angie, some good, some weird

So glad your SIL is going into midwifery, Kazz, such a wonderful job. I miss it some times but it's demanding physically + mentally.

Ok, now for a proper posting ...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
13-08-2011, 03:45 PM   #6

Hi, all! The weekend is here and it's cloudy with on-and-off rain, some heavy, forecast for both days. I was able to dash out between showers to get Leia's grass. Cooler than it should be, 24 C (76 F), muggy. All's quiet, just a paper, book and crossword day. My prescription refills came; I take 11 pills every morning!

I take violent exception to Mr, Bond's dictum: in this house martinis are always stirred, not shaken! Bruises the gin!

Kazz, good news about your family except about your Dad's leg..... PL, what exactly is Naming Day? Is it a christening? Hope the rain holds off. Squirrel, enjoy the peace and quiet. One thing about an indoor cat, Angie, is that you're never awakened by a wet one! PP, I hate it when I do that and lose the post!

Be good to yourself today.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
13-08-2011, 04:55 PM   #7

I like Bond aswell Kazz!! Im watching from Russia with love at the mo!!!!
Glad to hear that cloud took her tablet for you squirrel
Sounds like you have been busy angie with paperwork. I cleaned out my 2s file a couple of weeks ago so much junk in it!!!
Poshpuss, its a nightmare when that happens!!
Eileen, hope you got all your prescriptions sorted, thats alot of tablets!! my dad is the same he has to take about 8 in the morn and the same at night.

We went looking at cars as OH gets his new company car hopefully not long after we come back from holiday so he was away deciding what he wants and my dad tagged along too.

Got my flying lesson tomorrow as it was cancelled last week!

Harris is alot perkier last night as he woke me up twice trhough the night running about hyper and chasing/fighting with Skye at times!!! Definately getting back to normal!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
13-08-2011, 06:31 PM   #8

Watching Harry Potter again, although I'm script perfect
Love going into this world to escape. If only I weren't such a Muggle

Rustled up a nice tea of chicken stir fry with cajan spices then added some prawns and mussels, it was a bit moist so added brown basmati rice to thicken. So Cajan paella it was Is that a sort of gumbo or jambalaya Eileen ?

Hitting the rose wine too, well you got to treat yourself!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
13-08-2011, 06:56 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoshPuss
Watching Harry Potter again, although I'm script perfect
Love going into this world to escape. If only I weren't such a Muggle

Rustled up a nice tea of chicken stir fry with cajan spices then added some prawns and mussels, it was a bit moist so added brown basmati rice to thicken. So Cajan paella it was Is that a sort of gumbo or jambalaya Eileen ?

Hitting the rose wine too, well you got to treat yourself!
No seafood in jambalaya.

Quick description:

A whole chicken is stewed with smoked sausage, then combined with bell pepper, rice and tomatoes and flavored with chili powder, pepper sauce, cayenne and Worcestershire sauce.

Gumbo is similar, it could have seafood too.

Cooked leftover chicken can be tossed into this gumbo and simmered with tomatoes, mushrooms, chile peppers, a little of this and a little of that. Delicious chicken gumbo consistency with tomato base. Makes plenty to last for several days. Serve over hot cooked rice and sprinkle with filet powder, if desired.

Actually it's also similar to the shrimp creole dish I make. All of them are basically similar, ingredients vary a bit, depends on the area and the cook.

Whatever, yours sounds delicious!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
13-08-2011, 07:15 PM   #10

It was a celebratory cider here. Going to parents to join in a small family meal tomorrow, but seeing I'll need to be able to drive home after I'm guessing I'll steer clear of alcohol then!!!

Food sounds good eileen - my Dad often makes Jambalaya... always reminds me of Carpenters...