Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
12-08-2011, 12:40 PM   #1

Beery Friday

Apologies for the unsophisticated choice of beverage but I am looking forward to my Friday night beer! Enjoying tasting some IPA and other light beers at the moment. OH is getting the provisions for tonight so I'll have to wait and see what he gets.
Quiet day in the office again- unusal for me to be in one place for so long. Out and about again next week.
Today I'm costing up furniture for an education room- as it will be used by schools and adult groups I'm trying to find height adjustable things!
Hope all are well and having a good day?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
12-08-2011, 01:42 PM   #2

Re: Beery Friday

Afternoon CS - hope you are having success with your furniture search. I like beer too, so your choice is a happy one for me!!!

I have spent a lot of this morning picking those wicked hooked seeds out of Monty's towel. Nothing else will get them out apart from fingernails, nasty prickly things. I got quite a heap when I'd finished.

Have a good day peeps. IT'S FRIDAY!!! Mine's a pint of Fursty Ferret!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
12-08-2011, 01:47 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
Mine's a pint of Fursty Ferret!
Good choice! have you tried St Peter's Ales?
http://www.stpetersbrewery.co.uk/sto...ID=&P_I D=154

Catsey Veteran

12-08-2011, 01:50 PM   #4

Not tried that CS - will look and see if I can order a couple of bottles with my grocery order if the store stocks that brand. I do like the fact that supermarkets now seem to stock various English ales.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
12-08-2011, 03:43 PM   #5

Hi, CS, Angie, from another beer lover! It's turned a bit cooler for almost mid-August, only 25 C (77 F) this morning at a little after 10:30, lots of sun, not much wind and lower humidity. Tee weather, not a tank top. Out to pick grass and just sat in the nice warm sun for quite a bit to warm up. Leia seems fine: eating picky but probably because I opened a tin of Trout Feast for her and she's not very fond of that. Seems fine after yesterday's trauma. No news.

It is convenient being able to get beer/wine in the grocery delivery. Do you have the Mexican beers, Dos Equis and Corona there; I quite like them. And our American lagers, but not those abominations called lite beer!! Bah!

Enjoy the day!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
12-08-2011, 04:12 PM   #6

The pigeon's out of the chimney! OH found it on the hearth this morning when he got up and would you believe it........ it was still alive!!! He put it in a safe place off the ground and it's had some water and food but after about a week in the chimney I don't suppose it will recover if only it had dropped out straight away!

Morgan wasn't his best on his walks today, he was trimmed yesterday so maybe his newly-clipped nails don't feel quite right. Anyway it was like having a coiled spring on the end of the lead but at least he was at heel 50% of the time. I didn't notice but he trod on a sticky sweet this afternoon and started limping/jumping/trying to lick it off. I couldn't imagine what was wrong at first and the bloomin' thing was tricky to peel off his pad too! He's now fast asleep and snoring and I'm about to have the cuppa that OH has just made, tempted by a beer though Cheers!

Catsey Veteran

12-08-2011, 04:47 PM   #7

Oh wow, MrsH, I'm amazed the pigeon made it that long without food/water! Who knows, it may make it. I'm surprised the cats weren't hovering about the fireplace??
Poor Morgan, that must have been unpleasant.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
12-08-2011, 08:33 PM   #8

evening everyone,

late post tonight, we have been out and about tonight when i finished work. Not long in. Harris is just the same at teh mo but i think once we gove him his first tablet it should hopefully help but its going to be interesting giving it to him!!!!

Catsey Veteran

12-08-2011, 09:34 PM   #9

As I said on the other thread, lotsa' luck!

Catsey Veteran

12-08-2011, 10:59 PM   #10

Two person job Pamela - as Pip got better, his resistance to taking the pills increased! He had three different medications he had to take, 2 of them twice a day!!!