Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
11-08-2011, 11:02 AM   #1

Creme de Menthe Frappe Thursday

Morning all - gloomy and drizzly rain here. Only 15C - not the sort of temperature expected in August really.

OH is out with Monty. My car is in for service/MOT and I'm awaiting a Pet Planet order - hope it arrives today as I have two poor pussycats awaiting some biccies. (Don't worry - they have got other food!)

I am beginning to think that my lovely dear Pip is a bit more than two sandwiches short of a picnic, probably the chicken drumsticks, sausage rolls and crisps have gone AWOL too. He is just SO passive. Of course we tell Monty to "leave" at every opportunity, but animals sense weakness and so it's a constant battle. Monty doesn't trouble Kizzy at all - she is quite happy, her coat is silky and she is behaving like the flirty girl she is!!! (Queen of my Heart).

Hope everyone has a good day. I'm all at sea - just realised it's Thursday NOT Friday .... change of dog training class day and quiz going back to it's normal slot has thrown me out completely!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
11-08-2011, 12:16 PM   #2

Re: Creme de Menthe Frappe Thursday

Hi Angie, glad you're like me where the days of the week are concerned, I'm all over the place this week. Missed an optician's appointment on Tuesday, thought it was Monday, and today I'm convinced it's Friday- not anymore, I've put the TV mag on the coffee table open at the right page!

Poor old Pip, such a wuss but so kindly; I think Monty will realise soon that he can't wind him up and learn to leave alone. Posh is very much the same although I have seen her turn when pushed too far.

It's been a terrible wet and windy morning but starting to get brighter now, not much of a summer though, never watched so much afternoon telly!

Defrosting some King Prawns I bought for barbecue nights, HA-HA! seems I'll be putting them in a curry to warm me up!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
11-08-2011, 12:55 PM   #3

Hello all, grey and drizzly here, glad I'm in a warm, dry office. It might damp the dust down at least- we are surrounded by wheat fields at home and the combines and tractors have been working round the clock harvesting. They kick up an amazing amount of dust!

Angie, young Pip will proably rurn round and swipe Monty's nose one day!

I am so glad that my phone tells me the day as well as the time and date. I love the variety of the job but that does mean there is no set pattern to any week so I can get very confused about what day it is!

Hope Leia and DM had a calm experience at the v**s

At least I know what Creme de menthe is! Still puzzled by blue wicked.....?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
11-08-2011, 01:46 PM   #4

Hi PP - I am a fan of prawn curry! Generally use the cheaper prawns though. Had home made prawn crusties last night and finished the mixture up in sandwiches this lunchtime. Was eating it when I read your post!

CS - here's an explanation of WKD blue, which must be the same thing! Seems cocktails have got a big following! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WKD_Original_Vodka

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
11-08-2011, 04:00 PM   #5

Hi people! It's a lovely day here, if a bit cooler than normal: nearing 11 am and only 26 C (78 F), blue sky, lower humidity and no breeze to speak of. We won't make the 30s this afternoon. You all are certainly having a cool spell! My new checks finally came with the new address and a new picture: Leia. My old ones had Dandy. Very nervous about the vet visit this afternoon, I am a wimp about that, I admit; will be so glad when it's over....

Angie, Pip needs to man up and smack the dog! I kept thinking yesterday was Thursday because of the quiz! PP, prawn curry is one of my favorites, I use the cheaper ones too.CS, haven't gone yet; appointment is 1:30 this afternoon. Blue vodka.....??? How weird.

enjoy your THURSDAY!