Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
09-08-2011, 09:38 AM   #1

Tequila Sunrise Tuesday

Took the hint Eileen

It's terrible news here with all the rioting in the cities, what the Hell is wrong with people! They are wrecking their own communities and will have the brass neck to moan about lack of facilities and opportunities in the future! I feel exasperated by their lack of thought and intelligence
What are they about? I fear for friends and family in these parts of the UK, hope everyone on here are not directly affected by this lunacy.

Same old day today, gloomy weather with a bit of a hope of brightness later. Also, feeling down coz everyone is on holiday or have plans to go soon- need some sun on my bones and my trip can't come quick enough, sorry to moan on

Going to start reading a new book today, see if I can into it.
It's called Started Early, Took my Dog by Kate Atkinson- a detective story.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
09-08-2011, 10:44 AM   #2

Re: Tequila Sunrise Tuesday

Morning PP - "just another tequila sunrise" - good one! Wish we had a bit of sunny warmth too - no holiday on the offing for us again this year. Trouble is, that after rather too many holiday-less years, going away from home seems rather daunting, quite apart from worrying about the animals.

Thanks everyone for your kind thoughts about Pip yesterday. He seems bright enough today and I will put it down to the Advocate spot on he had on Saturday. I am going to start a separate thread asking for your observations and comments.

Have a good day folks. OH is playing golf this afternoon. He is a bit grumpy because I told him off for always giving me negative comments, so I'll be glad he's out of the house for a bit. Hope he cheers up on the golf course!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
09-08-2011, 12:40 PM   #3

PP Totally agree with you there! Some reports say quite young children were involved, why weren't their parents doing some proper parenting? what an advertisement for Britain with the Olympics happening next year. I wonder if anyone will come? My son and his wife live in Brixton and they're very unsettled by what's been happening in their area.

Hair appt this morning, quite unusually quiet in there, loads of regulars on holiday I suppose, OH off to his art group this pm and no doubt I'll find a few domestic chores to occupy my time.

Jason has just come in absolutely filthy, goodness knows where he's been, he's not muddy just very, very dusty. I suppose he's been rolling about in the gravel on the drive, mucky cat!

I've read that book PP, thoroughly enjoy Kate Atkinson's work especially the Jackson Brodie books but thought the recent televised versions rather poor.

Hope your OH cheers up on the golf course Angie!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
09-08-2011, 03:17 PM   #4

Hi ladies! Cloudy and warm here, just after 10 am and it's 30 C (85 F), very good chance of afternoon storms. Or bad chance, electrical storms are scary! My new jeans and tea came, am waiting for the grocery delivery now. No particular news, all's quiet.

No tequila for me, sticking to my gin!

Riot coverage was on TV last night, how awful; feel so sorry for the police! I do hope none here are in involved areas...??

Angie, hope that's what Pip's lassitude was caused by;see what the vet says. Hope OH's grump wears off on the golf course. MrsH. they do like to roll in dust, don't they? PP, enjoy the book!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
09-08-2011, 06:00 PM   #5

evening everyone, not much to report, just working today then after dinner are going for a walk around a small loch beside us.

Hope your OH had a good time on the course angie and cheered up
MrsH, sounds like Jason has had a ball rolling about today!!!
Poshpuss, i hope you enjoyed your book x
Eileen, hope you got your groceries delivered ok

My thoughts go out to the people down south who are affected by rioters, i hope none of our members are caught up in it.

Catsey Veteran

09-08-2011, 06:53 PM   #6

I saw that Birmingham was one of the involved cities: anyone heard from Kazz? Also Bristol, but Mags is in holiday .....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
09-08-2011, 08:36 PM   #7

Hello all

Yes Eileen we were involved, we were targeted and had out doors bricked glass and doors broken and sheered from their runners and swinging free, I was showered in broken shards of glass which was tempered, so just a couple of slight marks but one of the bricks was thrown in my general direction and landed/bounced stopping about a foot from my feet, luckily I was walking backwards at the time.....could not turn my back in case they rushed forward I shouted two words first "Oi" when I heard the banging (did not think it was rioters) thought something had fallen was falling.............I as I said shouted "Oi" really loud then they carried on throwing bricks broke the glass (not easy) and ran at the doors I shouted "Help"

Police were brilliant honestly, came ASAP within 3 minutes of the call. Then called back through out the night. We scured our broken doors with 8x4 sheets of wood and held that in palce with tonne bags of sand/cement. We are closed tonight for staff safety. Will see how we go for tomorrow.

No one was hurt at all but did shake us up this happened about 11 and we could hear them through the night.

It is irritating because we are giviing in to yobs......mindless idiots........who are being given a power boost by people closing shops places in fear..........maybe we should do the reverse and everyone shop at nights becuase they only act under the cover of darkness. Cowards.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
09-08-2011, 09:04 PM   #8

OMG Kazz, soo glad to hear that your ok considering what you went through. I hope that you can get everything sorted for your shop. The main thing is tha you are ok, it must have been frightening being caught up in the riots, i hope you are home and safe from it now.

Stay safe xx

Catsey Veteran

09-08-2011, 09:05 PM   #9

OMG, Kazz, glad you're OK, how horrible! Bless the police, it's an impossible job, be less than delicate with the louts and it's police brutality, and not tough enough and they're futile. What a job, I know what I'd like to do to those hooligans and it involves truncheons and tear gas! It's not so much political protest IMO as opportunistic looting!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
09-08-2011, 09:08 PM   #10

omg, what a frightful experience!!! im glad you came out unhurt and the police were able to assist so quickly!

its absolutely shocking, these riots are way out of hand, mindless yobs. they should be sent off to fight in real wars if this is how they behave.