Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
08-08-2011, 11:44 AM   #1

Margarita Monday

[Perhaps theme for this week could be cocktails or associated tipples???]

Bit of a grey day here, a little bit of a breeze, blue bits and grey bits and white clouds in the sky - only 16C (61F). Have laundry on the line so hoping it won't rain and another lot in the washing machine. OH has gone to see his Mum.

I have booked my car in for service/MOT later in the week. Fingers crossed it passes - can't afford a big bill.

I am a bit worried about Pip - he is not quite himself. Still eating etc. OK and I can't put a finger on what may be wrong - don't think it's urinary again, he's not licking himself like before. Please send gentle vibes - he was like this yesterday and if he's no better tomorrow I shall think about the vet but atm there's nothing really to give the vet any clue as to what might ail him.

Have a good day everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Abyssinian tear-aways.
08-08-2011, 12:12 PM   #2

Re: Margarita Monday

Horizontal rain here. Good if you want a complete soaking in as little time as possible, bad for everything else.

Sending gentle vibes - those something-not-right-but-just-a-feeling things are my least favourite. Here's hoping it's just "ate the wrong fly" or too much exercise and that Pip will be completely Pip again later today.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
08-08-2011, 01:31 PM   #3

Thanks Hreow - that's just it - even Monty is treating Pip a bit more gently this morning which makes me even more sure that he's not quite himself - if a dog picks up on the "I vont to be alone" vibes.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
08-08-2011, 02:52 PM   #4

Hi Angie and Hreow and all to come.

Poor Pip, just a bit under the weather I expect, like us all. My nose is always stuffy in the mornings and I get shivery some times then it passes.

Like the cocktails theme there's a few choices there.

Done a shed load of ironing again and topped up the essentials, milk & bread etc. We have Tom overnight, his dad is a late shift and his mam is going to the cinema with friends.

It's like a cafe here for teatime, Ceri's got curry, Tom -pizza, me, lamb steaks and salad.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
08-08-2011, 03:43 PM   #5

Hi people! Brilliant blue skies, it's just after 10:30 am and 27 C (80 F), lower humidity and a nice breeze. This would have been a good drying day: that's one thing I'll miss here: hanging the laundry outside to dry! And also catching rainwater for the houseplants ... odd the things you miss. No news, all's quiet, waiting for new jeans and tea to be delivered this afternoon.

I like the drinks theme: tequila Tuesday? Angie, hope it's something simple with Pip; something he ate outside that makes his tum feel a bit off; do keep us posted on the little guy!. PP, your tea sounds like what my Mom would do frequently: different food for each of us. Hreow, sounds like a really nasty rain, stay dry! No outside for Master Toffee today!

Be nice to yourself today......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
08-08-2011, 07:15 PM   #6

hope pip is ok angie, sending gentle vibes from me and my 2 monsters.
The cocktail idea sounds good ive got a good 1 for it when i get a chance to start the daily this week.
Hope the rain has calmed down hreow,

Hope your well eileen and posh puss.

I was working today then came home and made us enchiladas for dinner yummy

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
08-08-2011, 08:10 PM   #7

Hope the Pipster is his old self soon!
Windy here today, from us the next stop is the Urals so my pots get blown over sometimes- one of the herb planters went today.

Hope all are well. We've just tried a new dish- Sicilian cauliflower. Very nice- roast cauli with capers, sultanas, roast pinenuts and a galic infused olive oil dressing- nice crusty bread to go with it. No wine to accompany as it's a school night so I'll just have to wait for the cocktail!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
08-08-2011, 08:20 PM   #8

CS, that sounds like an interesting dish. Believe it or not I've never eaten capers, wonder how it would be without them? Recipe sticky?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
08-08-2011, 08:46 PM   #9

Capers are wonderful! Do you eat anchovies? A few of those would probably give a similar effect. I got the recipe here
http://www.waitrose.com/content/wait...u ltanas.html
so I'll see if I can copy it to the sticky thread from there

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
08-08-2011, 08:51 PM   #10

evening all! hope pip's feeling more himself tomorrow angie!!

very windy day here, sun was out for a bit so when it wasnt windy it was quite warm! nibbles had her post op check at the vets today and they're pleased with her progress
not done much else, just getting my uniform ready for another week at work