Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
05-08-2011, 10:45 AM   #1

Finger of Fudge Friday

Hi all - a better morning this morning, but clouding over. My gardening man is here atm - I may have Vermicellium Wilt on my Smoke Bush - very sad about that.

OH has taken Monty out for a walk and Pip and Kizzy are making the most of a dog-free house and walking around rather relaxed. Pip has been very affectionate this morning. I am beginning to think I do actually have the world's first pacifist cat!!! (Don't believe he's just a bit thick!)

Have a good day everyone - IT'S FRIDAY!!!

Catsey Veteran

05-08-2011, 12:32 PM   #2

Re: Finger of Fudge Friday

Pheeeew! Might have clouded over earlier, but it's hot now - been out doing some weeding! Computer only says 20C though.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
05-08-2011, 03:26 PM   #3

Hi, Angie, those to follow. Alternating sun and clouds here, 25 C (79 F), will be below normal again today with an expected high of 30 C. Possible rain on Sunday which we do need; been very dry. All's well, if quiet, here.

Hope everyone is OK and having a pleasant day. MrsH, any more bird-in-chimney news? Pamela, aches and pains today?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
05-08-2011, 04:21 PM   #4

Hi Eileen, Angie...

It is a rather warm day.

Bit of a boring-ish day in the office - not helped by my head being away with the fairy's!!! And the heat - two of my colleagues went out for an ice cream when they heard the van... I'm glad some people still have that child like reaction. Me? I tend to wince at the noise they make, and mutter about asbo's!!! Think it would be better if the sound wasn't quite so tinny - or was turned down a bit...

Off to a hen weekend soon, and there's a question mark over phone having internet access, so will catch up with people on Sunday I'd guess.

Have a good weekend all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
05-08-2011, 05:22 PM   #5

No news on the bird in chimney, it's not come down but presumably dead by now. OH has had a torch shining up there and it's possible that the bird is on a ledge quite a way up, he's tried poking around to try to dislodge it but no luck yet. I really don't want it left up there so I suppose we'll have to try and find a sweep. (we'll warn him first!)

Bit of a nothing day here, usual stuff dog walking, hoovering, nagging OH etc. Nothing planned for the weekend either, life gets dull at times!

"A finger of fudge is just enough to give your kids a treat"

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
05-08-2011, 06:49 PM   #6

*puff puff* sorry I am late ( hands note to MrsH & hopes not to get a detention! )

Busy here coz I'm taking advantage of the bright weather by weeding and brushing up outside and squirting the Resolve around the place. No swim but did my gym workout this morning, early at 7 am.

Had a nice gift yesterday from a friend to say thanks for helping him with his business during his bereavement last Christmas. Knowing I love cats and collect Ewenny pottery, he commissioned a piece from the potter and I'll post the pics as soon as I can. I was delighted, won't be to everyone's taste but the modelling and glaze is stunning. it's life sized, but Posh hasn't been fazed by it

Enjoy the hen party Squirrel, envying you the prolonged sunshine Eileen- I'm sure I'll get rickets this winter
Pip is a cool cat Angie, with ? hippy tendencies- Hippy Pippy
Used to love a finger of fudge when on Slimming World- a guilty pleasure!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
05-08-2011, 08:23 PM   #7

Hi all, a touristy day with my niece and later my parents. After visiting the American Cemetery at Madingley I think I support Pip's pacifism Angie. A beautiful and very sad place.

http://www.abmc.gov/cemeteries/cemeteries/ca.php

I look forward to seeing pics of the cat PP! Hope you have a good weekend Squirrel. Hope things aren't too quiet Eileen and Mrs H-good luck with the bird!

Catsey Veteran

05-08-2011, 08:29 PM   #8

How sad CS - have to say that I had no knowledge that there was such a large US cemetery in UK. Have fairly recently found a couple of memorials to Polish pilots here on the South Downs - with touching local memorials.

Yes, Pip is a hippie - if he was going to San Francisco, he'd wear a flower in his fur! (Takes after his mum in that respect ................ )

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
05-08-2011, 08:38 PM   #9

Pipster the hipster! Peace, love and rock and roll.