Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
04-08-2011, 09:13 AM   #1

wispa thursday

Morning everyone,

Its raining here which made it a nightmare for taking photos of the damage on the car before it gets picked up and we get our replacement. We are both a bit stiff this morn but hopefully that will ease during the day.

Im taking Harris to the vet today as he is due his booster for going into the cattery at the end of the month. OH cant come as he has to wait in for the car to be delivered.

Hope you all have a nice day and thanks for your wishes last night xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
04-08-2011, 11:24 AM   #2

Re: wispa thursday

Hope you soon feel right as rain Pamela! Rather appropriate really as the rain is torrential here! Just as forecast - woke up to it and it's not eased off. OH bravely took Monty Bogle for his walk and got lost in the forest, so they both had a longer walk than intended and came back soaked to the skin. OH's waterproof trousers no longer waterproof and neither is his hat!

OH has a meeting with the financial advisor from Social Services this afternoon regarding his mother's residential funding. I am just hoping that it will all be OK and sorted and that we will not need to make up much of a shortfall. Fingers well and truly crossed.

Have a good day all - welly boots today for most of us. Hope weather is better in USA?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
04-08-2011, 03:26 PM   #3

Hi, Pamela, Angie, those to follow! Yes, USA weather is fine, a bit before 10:30 am and 25 C (79 F), mostly sunny; won't make the 90s (F), our streak of 16 consecutive days ended yesterday; it'll be cooler for the rest of the week, only 30/31 C. Down to the library to change book, got mail and grass for Leia; life is very tranquil here.

Pamela, glad you're not hurting badly today and hope you're a lot better by evening. Angie, a pity dogs won't use a;litter tray, how awful to have to go out in that torrential downpour; poor OH! And he can't golf today either. Hope the MIL situation works out well.

Quiz tonight!!

Have a good day.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
04-08-2011, 05:32 PM   #4

juts thought i would give a wee update, ended up at teh docs today and it turns out i have acute whiplash but the pain is internal instead of being muscular its inflamed. Also got sore back and shoulders now as the day has gone on so on 400mg ibuprofen tablets to take to help the pain

looking forward to the quiz tonight, i will def be there as we are just having a take it easy night. See you all there

Catsey Veteran

04-08-2011, 06:33 PM   #5

Oh dear, never heard of internal whiplash! Hope the painkillers help...gentle (((hug)))!

Catsey Veteran

04-08-2011, 07:40 PM   #6

So sorry to hear that Pamela - glad you went to the doctor.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
04-08-2011, 09:10 PM   #7

Sorry to hear that Pamela, hope things improve soon. Angie hope the meeting went well.
I had a bit of a stressful day as although I'm on leave I had to go in to be interviewed today. I've been 'acting up' as team manager for ages but had to apply and be interviewed to be given it properly. I got the job! It is now mine permanantly which is a huge relied as it has been extended piecemeal recently with a month being about the longest!

Catsey Veteran

04-08-2011, 09:14 PM   #8

Congratulations, CS! You must be so relieved that it's official now!

Catsey Veteran

04-08-2011, 09:18 PM   #9

That's great CS - well done!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
04-08-2011, 10:06 PM   #10

Well done CS!