Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
02-08-2011, 10:28 AM   #1

twix tuesday

morning all!! been a while since i started a daily!!

been off to troon vet with nibbles to get her lump off, then had to wait an hour for the train home!! the one that was due was cancelled and they only come every half hour. walking back to the house when i finally got the train, the vets phoned to say shes ok . they got the lump off ok and she woke up from it quite quickly i am sooooo relieved i was worried sick!! going back in about 3 to pick her up.

not got much else planned for the day, prob just some washing, boring house stuff!!

have a good day all!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
02-08-2011, 02:18 PM   #2

Re: twix tuesday

Hi Lynz - good news about Nibbles; hope you can collect her with no train trouble.

Quite humid here today, not as nice as yesterday. OH has gone off to play golf this afternoon so I will take Monty for his walk later when it cools down a bit - he doesn't like the heat, even though he doesn't have a particularly heavy or thick coat. He's dozing in his crate as normal after his lunch just now.

Have a good day peeps.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
02-08-2011, 03:46 PM   #3

Hi lynz, Angie, those to follow. Gorgeous day again here, nearing 11 am and 28 C (82 F), azure blue skies, lower humidity and a nice breeze blowing thru my window! What I dream of in a cold grey January! We made 37.7 C (100 F) yesterday. Have a grocery delivery this afternoon, about the most exciting thing that will happen all day ....

Good news about Nibbles, hope she'll be just fine. Angie, Mr MB would hate living here if he dislikes the heat!

Be nice to yourself today!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
02-08-2011, 04:42 PM   #4

Hi Linz, glad Nibbles is alright, Angie, hope the walk went alright, Eileen, enjoy the weather, and hope grocery delivery goes well...

I've been home from work for a whiel, but still only slowly catching up with stuff online. Was soaked through twice today - working outside. First time was before 9, and second when I had to watch client working in a forest in the rain... Joys! Got back to the office for about 2, and immediately got self sent home. Thank Goodness for that!!! I couldn't believe how cold I really was when I got into the bath. well, couldn't stop shivering/teeth chattering, but... and my hands had started to go wrinkly with how wet they were all the time.

Now enjoying being home, warm, and dry. Oh, and having had something to eat too!!!

hope everyone is doing ok.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
02-08-2011, 04:55 PM   #5

thanks all, shes back home and in a small cage for a day or so before going back into the big cage. shes had a potter about my bed so ive put her in there to rest, caught her licking her wound, its impossible to stop her all the time but she was really good last time and left it.

eileen, im not a fan of those kind of hot conditions either!! brr squirrel, your making me cold just thinking about it!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
02-08-2011, 06:05 PM   #6

Hi all, glad to hear Nibbles has recovered well lynz, Posh had a vet visit as well today. Just a nurses clinic for general health check. As it turned out we saw Rachel our vet instead, as Lynn the nurse was stuck in traffic on the A470. Posh is fine, lost 0.15 of a kilo, but that's ok, it's probably the heat. Told the vet about the soiling issues, ie, she won't use her tray for solids, and she recommended a feliway diffuser to relieve stress. Maybe that chancer cat that came in and took her food a few time and sprayed around had spooked her. Apart from worming tabs and flea deterrent that's all we needed but still a costly exercise.

Only now it's brightening up here, another muggy misty day, but spent the morning running around and looking after Tom. Ceri attended a funeral with his pal.

Have a good remainder of the day

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
02-08-2011, 08:22 PM   #7

evening everyone, had a long day at work today. Got my sisters 2 kids tonight overnight as my sister is working. Ive got a ady off tomorrow so its nice to have some time with them.

Skye was still sick last night and woke us up at 5am by being sick beside me on the floor.

OH fed her this afternoon to try let her tummy settle and it seems to have worked so hopefully she should be fine tonight.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
02-08-2011, 09:32 PM   #8

Poor little Skye, hope her tummy settles by tonight ......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
02-08-2011, 09:42 PM   #9

Glad Nibbles is OK, and Posh,and hope that Skye's tummy settles.
I spent most of today hoovering as the niece coming tomorrow is mildly allergic to cats. She never complains but I feel I need to make an effort! It was very humid here today so I went for a sloooooow run. Hope Monty cooled down Angie. Squirrel- I hate getting that wet-poor you- hope you have dried out and warmed up now! Eileen I would MELT in your temperatures!
Tolly tried to 'help' with the cleaning today - his current nickname is 'surfer dude' as he managed to surf half the ornaments off the mantlepiece. Luckily he stopped before the clock.