Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
21-04-2011, 03:06 PM   #1

Thursday daily.

Well it is sweltering here and I am not complaining. Been out and about this morning, and out for a curry with friends tonight.
AT work tomorrow and Sat. So see you all later....oh yes meant to say finaly brought a bike and off for a ride.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
21-04-2011, 04:03 PM   #2

Re: Thursday daily.

Hi Kazz and those to follow! Good for you getting the bike; great exercise. I've always regretted never being able to ride one. Back to seasonable weather today after the glorious taste of Summer Wednesday: currently 10 C (48 F). cloudy and a bit windy. Will be late coming on this afternoon: going to look at a studio apartment at a senior retirement complex near by. I hope I like it; the location is good, and it has a kitchen; so many retirement places don't; they expect you to eat with them .....

Hope all are having a nice day ....

Catsey Veteran

21-04-2011, 04:10 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Hi Kazz and those to follow! Good for you getting the bike; great exercise. I've always regretted never being able to ride one. Back to seasonable weather today after the glorious taste of Summer Wednesday: currently 18 C (48 F). cloudy and a bit windy. Will be late coming on this afternoon: going to look at a studio apartment at a senior retirement complex near by. I hope I like it; the location is good, and it has a kitchen; so many retirement places don't; they expect you to eat with them .....

Hope all are having a nice day ....
Sounds good Eileen take a picture or two when you get there, tell them you have an army of of friends you need to show and any trouble just mention we have an ocean going van complete with raft........... ...and its driven by a excitable Scottish woman with very little sense of direction.

Seriously sounds good, the main thing is its where you want it and meets your requirements; does it allow pets? bet it has wifi access.

Oh I came on to update now sitting in the garden with the laptop. Its gorgeous, I have a very sensible dog who is lying on the back step in the shade.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
21-04-2011, 04:39 PM   #4

Afternoon all .... it's been glorious here today. I'm a bit worried though because the temperature is x2 normal for this time of the year. I was out watering things just after 8 this morning. Need to pot on my Italian tomatoes (that are doing really well) but it's too hot in the greenhouse just now.

Excitement here in an hour or so - we have an "informal" parish council meeting being held at the pub. A farm just up the bridlepath from us has a planning application in and there has been loads of scaremongering locally. The woman who runs the farm came round a while ago with a letter explaining the usage - just left that a wee bit late IMO! She runs an equestrian centre but her husband is in the explosives business. So we're off to the pub for 6.00!!!

Hope you like the apartment Eileen and that it's light and airy and allows pets. It sounds more like what we would call "sheltered" accommodation over here.

Have a good day peeps.

Catsey Veteran

21-04-2011, 05:06 PM   #5

Angie how is your MIL doing?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
21-04-2011, 05:51 PM   #6

evening all, hope you had a good bike ride, Karen and enjoy your evening out.
Eileen, hope the apartment is suitable
Angie, hope your meeting goes ok
Usual dog walk this morning, Malaika was realy good on the lead.
Been sat reading in the garden in between doing a few jobs.
Tom's worrying me a bit, he's not eating properly, if he's not waiting for me in the kitchen when i get up i know something is wrong.
It could be the weather or what i think has happened is, now his hyperthyroidism is back under control he has lost that ravenous need to eat, maybe his kidney condition is causing him to feel naseaus. I have picked up some useful tips from other threads and have got him to eat a little heated chicken, have also raised the dishes up, but have had to hand feed him today.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
21-04-2011, 06:15 PM   #7

Hello all...

Sorry for being quiet recently... Just been finding I needed to retreat to observing when work and other outside commitments were out of the road... This afternoon I even had a short nap I was getting so sleepy.

Anyway, off for the weekend again now which is good.

Cycling sounds good Kazz. Hope that the retirement place is good enough Eileen - definitely allowing pets is a must!!! Hope that the meeting clears things up Angie. Shelley - reading in the garden sounds good, but I do hope that Tom is OK.

Lovely sunny day here too... and to be salmon for tea tonight. Yum!

Catch up again some point!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
21-04-2011, 06:21 PM   #8

Been in the garden a lot today, tidying here, snipping there. Everything in the garden is so early! The lilacs are in full flower, even starting to go over and now we've got some mildew in the borders because it's so dry and some of the shoots on the buddleias are drying up and going crisp . I'm trying not to do much watering and trying not to worry, this is England after all, it will rain again

Hope the retirement appartment is good Eileen, you deserve the very best you know

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
21-04-2011, 08:04 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
Angie how is your MIL doing?
Will find out on Sunday when we visit Kazz.

Sorry to hear about Tom, Shelley. Hand feeding chicken sounds like me and Merlin.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
21-04-2011, 08:08 PM   #10

evening everyone

Hopoe you all had a great day. Glad you got a bike kazz, enjoy your cycle
Eileen, hope your apartment is nice
Angie, hope everything is ok at teh meeting
MrsH, great day to be in teh garden
Nice to see you squirrel, hope all is well

i was working today and had a rubbish day. Realised what a bad company my work are to work for. they sell great stuff but they are a nightmare company. But hey, hopefully something will turn up in the job front. Sitting chilling at home, having a cuppa, going to have a wee southern comfort as OH is out at his friends house tonight