Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
29-03-2006, 12:00 PM   #1

Which sports do you follow...

Carrying on from CJK's thread about football I was wondering what sports/hobbies do you follow/do, not including Catpages ?

We are a motorsport family, love our rallying. OH's an Official Marshall for the Wales Rally GB. He has competed at novice level and I had my co-drivers licence up until a few years ago but had to let it go cos of the kids and then my muscle damage in my back didn't help

My kids used to love watching Tractor Pulling too

I do spend a lot of my time now doing craft work with the kids, knitting or reading.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
29-03-2006, 01:53 PM   #2

Re: Which sports do you follow...

I 'am aware' of most sports and actually enjoy most ball-sports. I don't like motor sport (sorry Nae - too loud and smelly......but that's just my opinion and I'm happy for those that enjoy, to do so)
Rugby is my major sport, and cricket. I quite like football but not the nonsense associated with the 'personalities/overgrown schoolgirls at the top of the professional game).
I can't see the attraction in swimming, as a competitive sport (now see how quickly you can go frontwards, backwards, leaping out of the water, with one arm tied behind your back etc etc ) but agree that it is a great exercise.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Abyssinian tear-aways.
29-03-2006, 02:18 PM   #3

Follow:
-Motorbike-racing. Would watch cross and trial if there was any on telly. And Paris-Dakar. Would *love* to do that! (fall off at the first dune, of course, but still. )
-Five-nations-plus-Italy rugby.
-Horse-trials - wish they showed more.
-Quite like the odd game of icehockey as well.
For the "do", read my CPpage

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
29-03-2006, 02:31 PM   #4

All things horsey here! Used to compete at local level myself but not done anything for the last couple of years now.

Hubby follows every thing sporty!!! Drives me potty

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
29-03-2006, 02:50 PM   #5

I posted here but the darned thing has disappeared!!!

Not a big sporting person here, due to having asthma as a child, however in my teens I used to play tennis, volleyball and basketball. Took tennis further and played at club and county level. However both hubby and ex-hubby have astigmatism (probably why they both chose to marry me ) so I never had anyone to play against.

I did play recently when on holiday with a good friend and was amazed at how well I did - I will be trying to join a tennis/sports club once junior is born to recommence playing as I enjoying it tremendously.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
29-03-2006, 03:03 PM   #6

I like football, used to go to all the Rovers home and away matches for about 10 years.
Now I like to watch the big clubs on TV.......also looking forward to watching the World Cup this year....

I like cricket, used to go to watch Gloucestershire years ago but now my interest is in the Test Matches only....

Tennis is another great favourite...but only Wimbledon and the Davis Cup. I would really love to watch a final at Wimbledon.

I used to watch Motor Racing at Castle Combe.....mainly because my brother used to write a column on it in the local paper and I had to type it up for him. Now I love watching all the Grand Prix's......love the roar of the engines when they start!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Abyssinian tear-aways.
29-03-2006, 03:57 PM   #7

Cool! I can use that excuse next time someone badgers me into playing. Sounds better than "I'm rubbish". Didn't think astigmatism meant you couldn't play. Perhaps it needs to be severe? (Mine isn't.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yola
I...Took tennis further and played at club and county level. However both hubby and ex-hubby have astigmatism (probably why they both chose to marry me ) so I never had anyone to play against.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
29-03-2006, 04:04 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hreow
Cool! I can use that excuse next time someone badgers me into playing. Sounds better than "I'm rubbish". Didn't think astigmatism meant you couldn't play. Perhaps it needs to be severe? (Mine isn't.)
Can't really remember with ex-hubby, but current hubby just can't see the ball at all and I think sometimes has difficulty focusing on depth of field; i.e., can't gauge how far away something is when it's travelling towards him. His DOES have 'challenging' vision - just the prescription for his glasses cost over £400

Come to think of it . . . I get into a car with this bloke Yikes!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
29-03-2006, 06:52 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinahsmum
I quite like football but not the nonsense associated with the 'personalities/overgrown schoolgirls at the top of the professional game).
DM I could just imagine David Beckham running round the pitch with a school girl outfit on....ewww sends shivers down my spine

I like to watch the tennis and love to sit down with Louise (who's horse mad) and watch Olympia, she loves to see the big horses jumping

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
29-03-2006, 07:04 PM   #10

Not really into any sports at all. Dont mind watching England football when the big tournaments are on tho!