Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
24-07-2009, 09:44 PM   #1

Tucker has lost weight

Tucker has recently been loosing weight. At first I thought it to be the hot weather we had for a while but he didn't seem to pick up. He's absolutely fine otherwise, you would never know, he's just rather quite skinny now and i'm really quite worried about his weight. Took him to the vet, he's absolutely fine, blood tests yet to come back but no ideas really, and then just yesterday I noticed he had a clump of fur missing, I was away most of the day yesterday and today have noticed another, so seems he is being bullied by someone.

I have never seen any of the others bullying him or even have a spat with him so it must only happen when i'm out for some reason. I'm quite glad in a way that it happened (the fur missing) as i'd never had noticed otherwise as they all get on very well, wee spats now and then, like a chase or slap on the face when someone has had enough but nothing serious and never involving Tucker usually as it's usually one of the younger boys (Colin and Ani) on Kiara as she doesn't like to play wrestle and they try it on or Vitaani having enough of the boys messing about and tells them off but nothing major.

So I was just thinking that perhaps he is worried and not eating right? He always eats when his food is put down but not one of the cats will sit and finish a bowl of dry, they leave it and pick through the day so it's really hard to monitor them individually (although he now eats seperate so I can) and he always finishes off his fish/chicken meal as usual.

He's not depressed or anything, he's bright as a button and his absolute normal self apart from the obvious weight loss. He's being kept seperate from the other cats for the time being unless I am home, so I will just have to keep a very close eye, will let you know about bloods, they are due back monday. Very odd why this has happened all of a sudden too and why I have never seen anyone fighting, if not for the missing fur i'd have never known as i'd have never guessed it.

Fingers crossed for my poor wee man. x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
24-07-2009, 09:48 PM   #2

Re: Tucker has lost weight

Poor baby, hope he picks up soon, and the bloods come back normal.....

Catsey Veteran

24-07-2009, 09:48 PM   #3

Also, poops are all fine. The cats share all the boxes so I don't know how often he is going but everyone's poops are fine. Today he has been given a seperate tray whilst he is iscolated so I will be able to monitor that but only how often he goes as I know they are fine, no runny tummy or anything.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
24-07-2009, 09:50 PM   #4

Nothing change has it Random?, I have one the slightest change in anything he reacts...............

Catsey Veteran

24-07-2009, 09:55 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moli
Poor baby, hope he picks up soon, and the bloods come back normal.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moli
Nothing change has it Random?, I have one the slightest change in anything he reacts...............
Thanks Moli, no nothing I can think of but will have a good think incase of something minor. I just find it really odd and am worried now that one of the others is worried/anxious over something and taking it out on Tucker as he is a soft lad but have heard of cats living together and turning on ones that are ill, so that's worrying me too, will be worried 'til I get the bloods back now, have allsorts running through my mind.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
24-07-2009, 10:12 PM   #6

Hope you can find out the reason for his weight loss random. It's worrying, poor boy - how old is he?

(OH and I witnessed Kizzy being bullied by next door's cat this evening. She'd lost quite a few lumps of fur and she'd wet herself - this was outside. It's distressing to think that she's being bullied.)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
24-07-2009, 10:18 PM   #7

So sorry to hear this, Random; no ideas what could be causing it. Good that you've isolated him for a bit so you can monitor the input and output. It's the not knowing that's so worrying. Fingers crossed that the blood work will give you a clue...(((hugs)))

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 2 x DSH, all FIV+
25-07-2009, 05:15 PM   #8

My first thoughts is that he could be renal - weight loss is one of the symptoms. Diabetes could be another - but the cat would be extremely hungry. Other causes are a tumour on the bowel or an auto immune disorder, but with those two the faeces would be affected.

Anyway, hopefully the blood tests will come back and pinpoint the problem.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
25-07-2009, 06:22 PM   #9

Hope his bloods are ok. If he is being bullied then by isolaing him (and I assume giving him food etc) then hopefully the weight will go back on.

All fingers and toes crossed for his results ((hugs))

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
26-07-2009, 09:07 AM   #10

Fingers crossed his bloods come back ok. Cat bullying can be so subtle and go easily unnoticed, hope you manage to get to the bottom of it.