Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
23-10-2022, 06:07 AM   #1

Sunday daily

Good morning ladies. Sunday 5.15pm here and it's been a beautiful ,sunny day (and still is). Just a slight wind starting up now, but nothing much. Pearl has been picked up around 3pm today and already I miss her. Unfortunately Hillary didn't have a very good time with her partner while away, and they have decided to now split. She's quite upset about the way things have gone and is thinking of going back to Australia for a while - she has adult children there from her first marriage. Unfortunately I cannot look after Pearl while she goes away ,as it's not fair on my cats. They are out now and have been sniffing all around the lounge and are really unsettled. I've got to keep my eye on Snoddy as he's inclined to spray against things if he gets stressed. When the sun goes down a bit, Janna is going to take them outside for a bit. it's too hot for them yet and I don't want their ears to get burnt. Pearl and I had another great night, but Janna had a bit of trouble trying to get into her bed as Pearl wouldn't let her come in !! (Janna and I have to share a bedroom, as her own bedroom has all my cousin's stuff in it STILL.) Janna was a bit afraid of Pearl and the dog knew that and took advantage of it.

Janna's face has come up a bit bruised and swollen, but it's not bad and the pain is now much less than when she had the tooth. She's been off work today and is off tomorrow, so by Tuesday when she's going back, it should be a lot better.

My cousin is now cross that i didn't tell her I had a dog yesterday. I didn't know she was coming round. If I had known ,I would have put her off, as I was trying to keep Pearl calm. I hope she doesn't end up going all funny with me again. She's a bit put out that she couldn't come inside yesterday and have a cup of tea, but at least we had a chat in her car, and she got her birthday presents. Honestly, I can't seem to do anything right.It was her choice not to come inside yesterday anyway, as I told her that I would put Pearl into another room, but no...............it's all my fault as usual.

I've been feeling a bit better over the past week since the new (Gorgeous) doctor took me off one of my metformin tablets (diabetes med).Far less tired throughout the day and not so achy. I'm only on 3 a day now, and hopefully my sugar levels will still be controlled OK.

Chicken, kumara and veges for tea tonight. I can't have anything too hard as Janna can't eat it

PAMELA, looks as if we both posted a Saturday Daily at the same time last night. Weird how that happens - I guess great minds think alike Hope you got heaps of creepy decorations for your Halloween tunnel on Friday night.- it sounds as if you go to a great deal of trouble. it's not such a big thing here in NZ. I always have a few treats on hand if any children do visit, but usually it's very quiet. I hope your M-I-L is able to repair your outfit . What a nice lady you met on the Springer page, to give you 2 trackers for Robyn and even deliver them. I'm sure she'll be thrilled to get one of your beautiful snuffle mats. Not quite sure what a tracker is, but I'm glad that it's helping with Robyn's training. Are you still going to get your new boots today ? I hope you pick a nice pair. it sounds as if you're going to need them, with the rainy weather you've been having.

SHELLEY, lovely to hear from you and I'm pleased that you're finally getting over that bug. You're lucky that you were able to get antibiotics from the doctor without seeing him. I guess you'll be in Scotland now, and I hope you have a super time at the van. It'll do you good to get some time off work and just relax for a few days.. How exciting that your book is now at the publisher's and the proof will soon be available . You will be so proud of your achievement. AND your poor dad being bitten by Reuben. Ouch. Perhaps your dad hurt him while grooming and Reuben just reacted. I'm glad the finger is getting better now. I hope your dad had a tetanus shot to be on the safe side.

Well ladies, I'm off now to give my poor cats some attention and then see about tea.

I hope you both have a great Sunday, and that the weather clears up a bit.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
23-10-2022, 08:04 AM   #2

Re: Sunday daily

Good morning Dinky,

Sounds like you have had your hands full with Pearl!! I can imagine it would have been nice to have her there and it would have brought back memories of Willow. The cats will enjoy being back to normal in the house.

Im sure your cousin just got a fright with Paarl going at the door. She really should have called you given she hasnt been coming over for a while. Hopefully she will come round. You should maybe mention to her to start moving her stuff so that Janna can have her room back as well!

Im glad to hear that Janna got her tooth out, hopefully it settles down soon. How scary for Brenna being in the car accident, she hasnt had much good luck recently with her mouth and then this. I do hope she is ok, as my dad has always said, cars can be replaced but people cant.

My neighbour and i l started doing the halloween tunnel last year for the kids after the year before was cancelled by the government because of covid and we thought it would be nice to do something for them and it has just grown from there. I actually need to find my outfit as i have "misplaced" it lol!
Shelley, i do hope your dads finger is ok after Reuben biting him. Exciting news that your book is at the publishers! How long does it take when it is there? Enjoy the caravan and hopefully the antibiotics continue to work. OUr doctors wont even speak to you if they can help it. When Steven wasnt well, it was the nurse who gave him the nose spray that did nothing to help him. The doctors here are a nightmare!!

Not got much on today. MIL if i can find my outfit. Walk the dogs and shopping for food for the week. I am in the office all day on Wednesday for a training course iam doing so Steven will need to come home for the dogs for a wee change! He also got a new job which he is really happy about as he is unhappy again in his job and wants something else.

Robyn has now completed the first part of her training, she has done amazing the last 2 days so we are going to move to the next part which is heel work! The tracker is just a GPS that attaches to her collar incase we lose her again and we can locate her with it. Wont help with the training but it is a peace of mind if she gets loose.

Enjoy your Sunday ladies