Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
17-03-2009, 08:51 PM   #1

Been busy in the garden today!

Finished my paperwork early today so went in the garden at about 2pm, my dad picked up the wee man from school and brought him home and I just finished up at about 5pm!

I dug out a whole border and planted the roses in it. Planted some lilly of the valley, planted the peach tree and some sunflower seeds in pots and weeded the borders, i'm absolutely shattered! I'd be having a glass of wine only I gave alcohol up for lent!

Tomorrow I have to plant some bulbs I have in pots still before they get too big.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
17-03-2009, 09:08 PM   #2

Re: Been busy in the garden today!

You may be rather stiff in the morning random! I think pictures are in order though - not necessarily of you being stiff - you know what I mean! What bulbs have you got in pots?

Catsey Veteran

17-03-2009, 09:15 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
You may be rather stiff in the morning random! I think pictures are in order though - not necessarily of you being stiff - you know what I mean! What bulbs have you got in pots?
I have some crocus that Myles did in school and I never got round to putting them out so they are going all gangly and a gladioli that is just coming through that I pinched from my dad late last year, it's absolutely gorgeous, i'll try and find a similar pic...

Catsey Veteran

17-03-2009, 09:18 PM   #4

Nope can't find it, it's like a two tone, you will just have to wait and see!

I will take some pics tomorrow but not much to see really as they are all just new plants!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
17-03-2009, 09:46 PM   #5

Wow you have been busy! Look forward to pics a tad later when things are budding, etc. Have you thought about trying some of the miniature glads...not as tall and leggy as the standards, don't need staking and a lovely selection of colors.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
17-03-2009, 09:46 PM   #6

My agapanthus are just beginning to pop up. I have them planted in a part of the border that's going to be re-arranged this year. I shall have to dig them up and I think they will go well in a pot. I think a trip to the garden centre is called for! Hope your peach tree does well. Do you get late frosts where you live?

Catsey Veteran

17-03-2009, 10:03 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Wow you have been busy! Look forward to pics a tad later when things are budding, etc. Have you thought about trying some of the miniature glads...not as tall and leggy as the standards, don't need staking and a lovely selection of colors.
I will have a look Eileen, I have a couple more somewhere in the back which were there when I moved so when they come through and I know where they are i'll move them all together. They will be next to the fence round the front so not too bad I can just tie them up.

Quote:
My agapanthus are just beginning to pop up. I have them planted in a part of the border that's going to be re-arranged this year. I shall have to dig them up and I think they will go well in a pot. I think a trip to the garden centre is called for! Hope your peach tree does well. Do you get late frosts where you live?
It's not too bad Angie here, don't know about ever getting any fruit on it but otherwise should be ok as long as it survives the puppy digging at it's roots today the wee imp.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
17-03-2009, 10:06 PM   #8

well done you Random Isn't this weather just fab, makes you want to spend all day outdoors lol.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
17-03-2009, 10:11 PM   #9

Quote:
Mine is in a pot, overwintered indoors as they're not hardy here. It's looking good, has made a side bulb.

Catsey Veteran

17-03-2009, 10:12 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgirl73
well done you Random Isn't this weather just fab, makes you want to spend all day outdoors lol.
It does! I got on straight away with my work (well after Jeremy Kyle of course! ) this morning so I could get out in the garden later! Absolutely glorious.