Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
02-04-2008, 07:45 AM   #1

Daily Thread / Wednesday

Morning all. Lovely bright morning here. The children have a dental check up later. I'm expecting Kay to visit a little later on with her children. She's coming to see the puppies before they go to their new homes this weekend.

Hope you all have a great day!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: feral moggy
02-04-2008, 08:40 AM   #2

Re: Daily Thread / Wednesday

Morning all

I bet your going to miss the puppies Fran. (and it will be quiet I expect)

Looks as though it is going to rain here today!!!
Had a real bonding moment last night with one of the neighbours rexcue horses. He is a scardy cat but last night he was waiting at the end of the garden for a treat and I went down with a pear and a couple of carrots. He was licking my hand for age it was really sweet. (only waited 3 years !!!)

I'm off to work catch you all later.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
02-04-2008, 08:48 AM   #3

Oh I'll miss those puppies too Fran. Please post some more pics before they leave
Today I'll be going to the hosp with OH to see the orthopeadic consultant. OH has spondylosis of the cervical spine and arthritis in various joints; he played rugby for years and these are 'war wounds' but he's gradually getting worse. Today is for the result of his MRI scan on his neck.
Nothing they can do for him just painkillers but at least they can monitor the progress.
Overcast here today but may cheer up later was lovely yesterday. Sis travels back to the US today, so wishing her a safe journey.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
02-04-2008, 10:20 AM   #4

In the office until 11.30 today and then off to collect Domi from school as he breaks up at midday. I'll have to bring him back to the office where he can do some colouring for a few hours until it's time to collect Sebi from nursery.

Little Sebi is still running a slight temperature and is completely off his food. If it doesn't get better I'll have to run him down to the doc on Friday.

Am looking forward to watching the delicious Trevor Eve playing Hughie Green in the BBC4 'Curse of Comedy' series tonight. Don't often run my schedule around TV, but will make an exception in this case

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
02-04-2008, 10:51 AM   #5

Hello all! Overcast and gloomy here today, no rain, no wind, quite depressing actually.

Merlin is being a demanding little blighter this morning - won't eat his food, has had some milk and keeps pestering me. He wants something, but will he tell me what????? I know he is sitting in the hall just outside my office at this very moment, waiting to trip me up when I leave the room........

MIL was better today and we had breakfast at 10.00, which although probably rather late for "normal people" is better than her usual 10.45 on a Wednesday.

PoshPuss - sorry to hear about the troubles you and your OH are having. What people sacrifice for their sport - my OH was a basketball player and suffers with his ankles from time to time. I wonder if people knew what they would have to go through in years to come whether they'd go at it with the same dedication!

Yola - I saw the trailer of Trevor Eve being Hughie Green earlier in the week and thought he did it wonderfully well. It's an enlightening series this. Not sure if I've missed Ken Stott as Tony Hancock yet or not.....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
02-04-2008, 01:50 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
Yola - I saw the trailer of Trevor Eve being Hughie Green earlier in the week and thought he did it wonderfully well. It's an enlightening series this. Not sure if I've missed Ken Stott as Tony Hancock yet or not.....
I saw the 1st one; about Steptoe and Son - it was rivetting TV! Frankie Howerd is also a subject. I think (not sure though) that Hancock was last week's subject . . .

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
02-04-2008, 03:44 PM   #7

Yes, David Walliams is paying Frankie Howerd, should be good. I like Trevor Eve too, so hope to watch the programme this evening.

Rather a grey, miserable day here, haven't done much, collected my sons girlfriend from Tamworth Station as she is staying for a few days.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
02-04-2008, 04:37 PM   #8

Afternoon ladies! Our erratic weather continues: the rain ended early yesterday, the sun came out and it made 24 degrees, lovely, and it's 6 now with a brisk chilly wind. Leia's eating picky again, not liking what she used to like, so to the other market to get some different tins for her that might suit her fancy...cats! I got one Iams lamb and rice, among others, that I don't remember trying before; maybe she'll like it...

Off to lunch in a few, hope all have a pleasant day!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
02-04-2008, 04:43 PM   #9

Afternoon everyone. Roll on monday lol, I will be so glad when the two screaming banshees I call my daughters will be happily back in their classrooms. Why can they not just agree on a tv programme to watch without war breaking out?

On a sadder note, my gran has had to be admitted to a dementia nursing home for her own safety Her mental age apparently is now of a 3 yr old, and she has gone missing twice over the last few weeks, with the police out looking for her. It is very hard to accept that this has happened to my gran, who was always someone with a larger than life personality. And I won't be able to see her until August when we go back up to Scotland.

Hope you enjoy your tv tonight Yola

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: feral moggy
02-04-2008, 06:11 PM   #10

That is very sad Alexgirl for all of your family. But she will be safer where she is with staff who have a greater understanding of what she is going through. I'm not sure if she is affected with short or long term memory but it may help to send her a card with a picture of you in it and then the staff will constantly remind her who you are so when you go to visit her she may have some recognition