Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
22-11-2006, 12:08 PM   #1

Christmas cards

Just thought I'd get in early to say that I won't be sending 'card cards' this year, but will donate to our local sanctuary http://www.animalsanctuaryuk.com/becoming-a-friend.html

I would love to send lots of e-cards though, so those of you whose email addresses I already have, beware - Jacqui Lawson card will appear at some point in the week before xmas!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
22-11-2006, 02:36 PM   #2

Re: Christmas cards

good idea. ive bought charity cards this year, so feel better about it, but not happy got loads to post.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
22-11-2006, 03:28 PM   #3

I'll send abroad and to old friends we haven't seen since last year. Friends, neighbours and workmates - no, we see them all the time and can wish them season's greetings in person.
More and more people seem to be doing the donation in lieu thing

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
22-11-2006, 06:13 PM   #4

Good idea DM. I love the Jacqui Lawson cards, I think they are enchanting.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
22-11-2006, 07:19 PM   #5

I wanted to send e-cards (prefessionally-designed Flash ones) at work this year with a charitable donation, but was outvoted by everyone else who felt there was still a value in paper-based cards (+ out designer is so busy he hasn't the time to do a card)

Will only be sending a few cards out this year to people who I will not see at Christmas.

DM - I now have control over my quarrantine box so if you send one to me this year I should be able to retrieve it

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
22-11-2006, 09:19 PM   #6

I would love to do that, but unfortunately I have a family who wouldn't understand the sentiment of it. They aren't a bunch of animal lovers and would be of the mindset that Christmas is for humans not 'dumb animals'. And with having kids, they've GOT to send cards to their classmates.