Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: not sure
26-01-2015, 03:48 AM   #1

Wanting to Create a Website

Not sure where to post this and I hope it's allowed. Let me know if it's not.

I've been playing with the idea to create a website giving info on rescues, not just for cats, but for dogs, horses and any other animal specific rescues. I want to find reputable rescues all over and try to give them extra exposure and share their rescues stories and give info about them as well as any pets they have for adoption by having a pet of the month or something along those lines. Also to have a section explaining the benefits of fostering and how to go about finding a rescue to help as volunteers. I also want to have sections on animal welfare issues and organizations out there that are trying to make a difference. I will also have a blog sharing stories to give a view on what goes on in the life of rescue.

It will probably take a while to get it all together, but am sick of sitting comfortably on my couch bitching about people who neglect, abuse, and abandon their pets. Hopefully this will help educate and give perspective on rescue and animal welfare issues and how to get involved with local rescues, organizations, etc.

I'm trying to collect pictures of rescue cats and/or other pets to show the great life they have found by having people step up and give them a 2nd chance. If anyone is interested in having their pics on the website, pm me. I will give credit for the pics too. If anyone has any suggestions or tips are very welcome too.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
26-01-2015, 08:49 AM   #2

Re: Wanting to Create a Website

Sounds like a good idea timber. All 3 of mine are rescue. Happy to send photos if it helps.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
26-01-2015, 02:48 PM   #3

Good luck with this challenge timber! I would think you'd be concentrating on Canada but I have a rescue cat and dog and would be happy to send you photos of them both if you think they'd help.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggies and 1 ragdoll
26-01-2015, 03:11 PM   #4

Great idea Timber. We have 6 rescue cats, I have pics!! Would be happy to post them when I get Photobucket to co-operate. We support a brilliant rescue centre in Ashbourne, England. It is a model place that I would have no qualms about leaving any animal there. They only deal with cats and dogs. I wish you great success with this venture.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: not sure
26-01-2015, 07:21 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamela81
Sounds like a good idea timber. All 3 of mine are rescue. Happy to send photos if it helps.
Awesome, thank you so much!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
Good luck with this challenge timber! I would think you'd be concentrating on Canada but I have a rescue cat and dog and would be happy to send you photos of them both if you think they'd help.
I can have an international section.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fecto's mum
Great idea Timber. We have 6 rescue cats, I have pics!! Would be happy to post them when I get Photobucket to co-operate. We support a brilliant rescue centre in Ashbourne, England. It is a model place that I would have no qualms about leaving any animal there. They only deal with cats and dogs. I wish you great success with this venture.
You can e-mail me the info of the rescue. Maybe I can contact them when the time comes to see if they would want a section on the website. No rush though, still trying to figure out the website creator page