Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
14-07-2008, 07:46 PM   #21

Re: What's the scariest movie you've ever seen?

Mine has to be Pet Cemetery. It makes you really think, especially if you have lost a loved one.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: B&W Semi-Long Hair Moggy
Darky is Male
14-07-2008, 07:52 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by yola
Now that HAS to be the sign of a good film

Talking of Spanish films, what about the bit in Pan's Labyrinth when the girl goes into the room where the food is spread out on the table and eats something against the advice of the fairies Yikes
Oh I love Pan's Labyrinth. XD The Orphanage was 'presented' by the director of PL.

Also, the "spiritual prequel" to PL, The Devil's Backbone, is a wonderful ghost/horror film.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
30-07-2008, 02:37 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darky
I'm a huge horror film buff.

My favourite at the moment is The Orphanage. (Spanish film.) More ghosty, not gorey.

Saw it at the cinema in London with my fiance and almost peed my pants.
I was going to mention the Orphanage myself. I'm a horror-junkie and do not scare easily at all, but this made me jump more than once. And I was alone in the flat later than night, and seriously couldn't sleep it was so scary thinking about it! But I also love that it has a really interesting and emotional plot, and left me feeling so sad and thoughtful aftewards too.

I'm pretty sure the guy who directed PL's also directed, as well as presented, The Orphanage.

Other than that, as a kid my childhood nightmare was ET I was terrified of him and had recurring nightmares! But I don't think he has the same effect on everyone else!