Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
10-04-2008, 09:11 PM   #1

(GULP!) Other Forums???!!!

I apologise if the mere mention of "other forums" makes you shudder - but here goes!

I am looking for a book forum, but not one that is too highbrow - I know that I am not widely read nor am I deeply intellectual, but I do enjoy reading and always have.

I have had a google and can't find anything that really attracts me. I have been a member of ReadIt!SwapIt! for quite a long while, but have only ever used it for swapping books (excellent experience). They do now have a forum, but it seems quite complicated - I suppose with anything new, it takes a while to get used to a place.

Does anyone have any other recommendations?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
10-04-2008, 09:41 PM   #2

Re: (GULP!) Other Forums???!!!

I'd be interested in that also; I'm an avid reader, have been all my life. Unfortunately, few of my friends are readers: I get most of my recommendations from the book reviews in the Post, or my Amazon Recommended For You .....

Catsey Veteran

15-04-2008, 08:41 PM   #3

I have joined RISI forum - seems like a nice bunch, only trouble is it is a HUGE forum - they have a large number of members all contributing loads of stuff! I feel like a very, very small minnow in the great big pond. I got several nice welcomes.

They do have a recommendation section Eileen - think you can browse without joining. Why don't you have a look? Can't tell yet whether there is an international membership or not.

http://forums.readitswapit.co.uk/forums/

Catsey Veteran

15-04-2008, 09:29 PM   #4

Thanks for the second good link today, I'll give that one a look after dinner, I've found a new (to me) author, Susan Hill, whose mystery/psychological novels are quite good...here's a link to her web page if you'd be interested. She reminds me a bit of Rurh Rendell and P.D, James. both of whom I enjoy. I'm reading The Various Haunts of Men now .....

http://www.susan-hill.com/pages/book...ller_books.asp

Catsey Veteran

15-04-2008, 10:21 PM   #5

Thanks for that link Eileen. I have read PD James for ages, and really like her writing. Not that keen on Ruth Rendell, not sure why. Also like Donna Leon - have you come across her books set in Venice featuring Commissario Brunetti? I do like her detective thrillers!
http://www.groveatlantic.com/leon/author.htm

Also like Michael Dibden and his character Aurelio Zen - also set in different Italian cities.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
21-04-2008, 10:00 PM   #6

i love books, love reading, was reading when i was 4 yrs old
just love books full stop

Catsey Veteran

21-04-2008, 10:18 PM   #7

If I can't come back as a Catsey members cat, then I'd like to come back as a librarian! My Mom used to say" That girl aways has her nose stuck in a book"...learned to read before I went to school...