Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
05-08-2014, 10:46 AM   #1

Lemon Sherbert Tuesday

I used to love these!

Tuesday is here - overcast and threatening rain but we've had none so far. OH has gone to play golf, I am washing dogs' crate blankets, dogs are dozing as is Kizzy; Pip is off out, cat-about-the-village but has been in several times for biscuits and a cuddle.

I am expecting a lady to call in with the idea of having regular cleaning help in the house as I am finding it increasingly difficult to keep up with housework and would rather anyway be in the scriptorium. I'd promised myself that I would get some help in at the end of next January when I "officially retire" and start to draw my state pension and the local cleaning firm has a waiting list so it may work out if I like the lady - she has several clients locally so I will be able to get references.

Sorry I didn't post yesterday - I'd been out with OH and the dogs in the morning and the walk took a lot longer than normally, as I am slow and I had the camera with me! After I got home, the day sort of ran away downhill! Kazz, I saw your post and am sorry to hear that you are still feeling so tired - have you gone back to work? I know you said you were going to, but wondered if you had reconsidered???

I hope everyone else is keeping well and of course, cuddles to Catsey cats and dogs from me.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
05-08-2014, 12:49 PM   #2

Re: Lemon Sherbert Tuesday

afternoon Angie and all to follow (maybe )
Raining cats and dogs here.
I too like lemon drops Angie but try to avoid them now as they make my teeth sensitive.
Karen , hope you enjoy your meal with friends today.
Been out on the beach this morning and had planned another walk when the tide was out but may have to scrap that idea, it's very incovenient to have wet clothing in the van.
Last night invited a friend for wine and a chat so made a nice change.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
05-08-2014, 02:29 PM   #3

Good afternoon my little lemon drops I'm with Albus Dumbledore on this one , I love the acid taste of sherbet lemons. When I went to the HP studio tour I bought (at an extortionate price! ) Honeydukes sherbert lemons just to have the logo on the jar. I must have been crazy!

Well, we just got back from Plymouth, the journey up was difficult between Exeter and Taunton as we had a cloudburst overhead. I hate driving on motorways on bad weather All in all we travelled over 520 miles as we visited our friends in Helston yesterday. I'm glad to have a rest. Barnardos are not busy this afternoon so I opted out of my volunteer shift today.

Cats have gone out wandering, they have been ever so good for my nieces, and the chooks are happy enough. Ceri is concerned that Gary goldfish is lonely and wants to get a new one.

Thinking of you Kazz, glad you have friends that have been good support since the stroke, I know how much you appreciate them. Take it easy, still early days remember.
Angie, thumbs up from me for a cleaning lady, hope you find a good one.
Shelley, keep dry but a bit envious of you near the beach - how lovely x

Catsey Veteran

05-08-2014, 04:45 PM   #4

I'm ever so jealous that you've been on the HP studio tour, PP - when did you do that, I don't remember you saying???

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
05-08-2014, 07:33 PM   #5

These titles aren't helping my willpower! I love sherbet lemons!
Work is quiet for me at the moment, I'm waiting to hear if I landed one contract and just submitted an application for another. I'm working on some ideas for school sessions but finding I'm easily distracted - especially by furry, purry things!

I hate driving in heavy rain PP- people just don't slow down do they ? Hope you liked the potential cleaner Angie. Have fun on the beach Shelley and hello to anyone else around.

Catsey Veteran

05-08-2014, 09:23 PM   #6

hope you had a nice little break Nette, nice to see you back. Glad the kits and chooks were ok.
CS, hope you land a contract soon
Angie, how did it go with the cleaning lady
Been on the beach several times in between the rain
Just back from a nice peaceful dog free beach walk

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
05-08-2014, 09:39 PM   #7

Evening everyone, been busy tonight after work so late check in. Sitting watching the independence debate to try and more sense of it!!

Catsey Veteran

05-08-2014, 09:57 PM   #8

Shelley - I liked the cleaning lady straight away but she hasn't got room for me just now so I have gone on her waiting list. Whether it will be herself that comes to me or one of her employees I will wait to find out! She doesn't like dogs at all, but loves cats!

Catsey Veteran

06-08-2014, 11:46 AM   #9

ah that's good Angie