Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
02-08-2014, 08:17 AM   #1

hazelnut swirl Saturday

Morning everyone. It's looking like it is going to be a wet day here. Been threatening on our walk this morning. Not long in, did nearly 2hours this morning so barney will probably sleep quite a bit today!! I'm off for coffee with a friend and her baby today. Going to get a present for the wee 1 as it was eid at the start of the week and they celebrate it.

Got a glowing report last night from barney's dog walker at the end of his first week. He is doing so well and actually interacting with alot of dogs with no problems. He was out on a 12 dog walk yesterday and was fantastic! She is going to teach him recall aswell.

Chin tickles to all our lovely pets

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
02-08-2014, 08:29 AM   #2

Re: hazelnut swirl Saturday

Good morning Pamela, nice to see another early bird
It's rainy here too, but giving it brighter later.

Glad to know that Barney is getting sociable and ready to learn to come back. I wish cats would come when you call them I spent ages last night rounding them up to come in, I hate them out at night.

Chickens are easier to manage thank goodness. Both girls are cooped up this morning and I must get round to cleaning them out today whatever the weather.

Shopping first then pack a small bag to get away for 2 days to Devon and Cornwall to visit friends on Sunday and Monday.

Catsey Veteran

02-08-2014, 08:39 AM   #3

Morning Posh and those to follow

Im lucky my 2 dont get out and if we get the house we are thinking of going for they still wont get out unless supervised in the garden. My MIL has chickens and they are great as they just follow you about!!

Enjoy your shopping and your couple of days away

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
02-08-2014, 11:55 AM   #4

Morning (just!) Pamela and PP. Not a lot of rain here, just gloomy and spotting, missing the hot weather already, although my OH is happier and so are the animals.

Had a bit of a shock this morning when a friend phoned to let me know another friend had died last Wednesday. She had been in hospital for a heart op but the damage was too bad and she passed away. She'd been quite fearful of going in for the op. I took over her job when she retired and she was so very helpful to me and we'd stayed in irregular contact since and met up not so long ago. You never know what's round the corner.

Big hugs to all from me today and pass them on!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
02-08-2014, 01:14 PM   #5

afternoon all. Angie so sorry to hear about your friend, what a shock.
Pamela, great that Barney is doing well with the dog walker, have you hired her for when you are at work or training ? Wish Kwame was sociable but i'm afraid he hates other dogs.
Nette, i hope you have a lovely couple of days away.
Very wet here, took the dogs out sepersately and i have never known them get the job done so fast,lol.
Had a clean up in the van and a shower. Rest of the day to do nothing except maybe read.
Chris has just braved the rain to top up the bird food as we just had four sparrows perched on the rail staring accusingly into the van.

Catsey Veteran

02-08-2014, 02:24 PM   #6

Shelley he is with her because Stevens job has changed so he can no longer take barney with him. She is training him though when she has him which we weren't expecting

Angie, sorry to hear about your friend.