Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
27-07-2014, 09:39 AM   #1

Milkshake Sunday

Whatever flavour you desire!!!

Milkshake sky here - quite a bit of cloud and cooler, much more pleasant.

Not sure what's happening here today ..... OH will let me know how he feels when he comes back with the dogs. He has struggled in the heat but may be feeling more up to doing something today. He has been painting our little gate and may feel like going on to the big one! The house sign has had several coats of varnish and is nearly ready to go back on the gate. I think it's looking better than I thought, having not been all that satisfied with my signwriting.

Have a great Sunday folks.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
27-07-2014, 09:59 AM   #2

Re: Milkshake Sunday

G'morning Angie and everyone
Yes, much fresher here today, I'm glad of it too. After yesterday's busy day and Friday's jaunt,I'm happy to just sit about today. Watching the CG marathon on telly, Pearla is having a stretched out nap by my side and having dreams as now and again she twitches and rabbit kicks me Pandora is out and the chooks are pecking away in the pan.

I may do some ironing later, but then again, I may not- feeling rebellious

Have a lovely day. xx

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
27-07-2014, 12:43 PM   #3

Good morning angieh and Posh Puss and all to follow.Glad the weather is a wee bit cooler for you.Intense heat can be unbearable.
Angieh,was it you who sald that your dogs suffer in the heat? Have you seen a Kool Collar - an American collar that cools the dog right down. It is an ordinary collar with an insert that you keep in the freezer. You pop it inside the collar before the dog wears it and the insert stays frozen for hours.Just thought you might be interested.Anyway, enjoy your Sunday.

Posh Puss, enjoy watching the games, and don't do that ironing. Believe me, it will still be there tomorrow.

I have another dose of the flu again. It hit me Friday night and I've been in bed all weekend. I'm not going to work tomorrow as I'm coughing all the time.Ever since I've had shingles, I've had one cold after another. Must get some vitamins.

Have a great Sunday everyone.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggies and 1 ragdoll
27-07-2014, 07:41 PM   #4

Evenin' all. Not long been back from Ashbourne. Had a lovely day and seen some gorgeous cats and kittens. Most of them asleep. There were 5 spread all over the sofas they have in the lounges.

Wind is a bit cooler here, Fecto has gone outside to cool down with Barnes.

Don't do the ironing PP, enjoy the games, I'm with Dinky on that one. Poor you Dinky, only had colds here not the flu. Hope you feel lots better very soon. I take Vit B Complex all the time and when I do get a return of shingles its never as bad as it was the first time. I think it returns when I am very stressed or run down. I've seen those cool collars recently but I can't think where. Does anyone know of a cool mat I could get for Fecto?

If your other work is anything to go by I'm sure your sign is beautiful Angie.

Back to the games now.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
27-07-2014, 08:16 PM   #5

Hello all, sorry you are not well Dinky, I hope you feel better soon. The house sign sounds lovely Angie, I'd ask for a photo but you may not want your house name on the internet.
PP- step away from the iron and join the 'give it a good shake and rely on body heat to get rid of the creases club'.
I am a wuss at visiting shelters Fecto's Mum, my OH reckons he has to frisk me when we leave!
I spent a frustrating day with my arm down a drain trying, and failing, to clear it. It's only the one from the kitchen sink and washing machine so nothing unpleasant but it blocks up every so often no matter how careful we are with it. Previously I've managed to clear it with a hose pipe but not today. Better het am and who can in I suppose! I did manage a short run but I'm wimping out of the long runs in the humidity!