Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
23-07-2014, 10:50 AM   #1

fruit gum wednesday

morning all.
Blisteringly hot here, last day at work for six weeks, yippee, can't wait.
Doing not a lot, one or two little jobs then off i go.
Have a good day all

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
23-07-2014, 12:00 PM   #2

Re: fruit gum wednesday

Morning Shelley ...... I can tell, you can't wait! Is it this w/end you're off to Scotland???

Another scorcher here too - my tomatoes are loving it! So am I, but tbf, I'm not going out in it that often, but it is lovely walking about without a jumper on and with sandals, mind you, something is biting me - hope it's not the dreaded fl***!

OH, who suffers in the heat is off out to a drop-in session at the golf club. His knee is giving him problems but he is so brave and is soldiering on - and not getting a lot of sympathy from me as he won't do anything about it.

Just going to hang some more washing out and then it's the scriptorium for me - getting some italic practice in.

Have a good day folks ...........

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggies and 1 ragdoll
23-07-2014, 12:01 PM   #3

Morning Shelley, very hot here too. OH has just bathed Fecto and The Big Fooze. Ordered some more Advantage for cats and dogs. Does anyone know of a good flea shampoo for cats that kill rather than repels? Read some reviews on Johnson's shampoo and they are not very conclusive.

Still full of a cold and finding it too hot and sticky to breathe. Need to hoover really but I know I will melt. Need to get some stuff for my cold and some balm tissues as well.

Dogs out now then off to the shop I think. Washer to go on again, may change the bed.

Have a great 6 weeks off Shelley, have a lovely day to all those after me. Lots of fuss to all furries.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggies and 1 ragdoll
23-07-2014, 12:04 PM   #4

Angie. we must have both hit the send key at the same time. Fecto has just come in, nearly dry but not best pleased. Barnaby is looking as if to say 'I don't think so'. OH is bottling on bathing Inky and Swirl, he doesn't have any chain mail underwear!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
23-07-2014, 12:30 PM   #5

Hi Shelley, FM and Angie, it's a scorcher here but like you FM my cold is stopping me from having the full benefit. No runny nose yet, still sneezing and watery eyes, I think it's more likely an allergy. Hope it's not to the chickens I'm not usually sensitive to feathers and such.

Both cats are enjoying the heat in their own ways, Pandora stays outside and sunbathes, Pearla likes to be in the cool and lounges on the windowsill. Pandy was torturing a tiny field mouse last night but I managed to get her away and left mousy to hopefully run for it's life. I'm scared of mice usually but this little one was no bigger than the top of my thumb and so cute !

Looking forward to watching the Commonwealth Games Opening Ceremony tonight. First a visit to the doctor, need to have a chat with him about Ceri, just me though.

Angie, heard on the radio that horse flies are abundant at the mo. Take care, my Claire has had two nasty bites.
Shelley, enjoy your jolly hols, I'm not jealous, no, not one bit!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
23-07-2014, 01:05 PM   #6

Hi PP! Yes, you are right about horse flies - their bite is horrid, also clegs can give a nasty bite and there are lots around atm. One of OH's dog walker friends was bitten the other day and immediately applied this - she keeps it in her pocket - says it relieves the pain at once. OH found this link for me, so I pass it on but have not tried it myself yet (hope I won't need to!)

http://www.boots.com/en/Boots-Bite-S...en-14ml_17206/

I feel sorry for you FM and PP with your summer colds or allergies and hope you both feel better soon.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
23-07-2014, 05:00 PM   #7

Hello all,
Sorry to all with colds, I have mild hay-fever but luckily cheap, own brand, ant histamines keep on top of it most of the time.
I've just emerged from a busy few days finishing a report and getting ready for an interview at Milton Keynes Museum for some freelance work. I think the interview went OK but you can never tell. It was a VERY hot drive there and back. I love our little Nissan Micra but if I ever win the lottery I'm getting a car with air con!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
23-07-2014, 05:51 PM   #8

well folks thats it, finished work now, hip hip hurray.
Now i just need to motivate myself to pack and clean up, i'm finding it really difficult in this heat although i'm not complaining.
Angie, we go on sunday as i have a doll club meeting in Manchester on saturday.
Nette, hope the chat with the doc went ok
I have used an insect bite pen , they are quite good if used straight away.
I've also read that you should press the back of a hot teaspoon on the bite as it breaks down the protein which causes the itch.