Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
19-07-2014, 06:44 AM   #1

Mintola Saturday

Well - early for a daily as has been said in the past.
Good morning everyone, thunder lightening and heavy rain here I have a panic striken dog here hope we have a rest bite so she calms down enough to be taken out for her toilet but not sure she is beside herself. Ah well.

Anyhow apart from the weather I went with Mintolas used to have a pack to share with 3 good friends of mine after a tennis game when we were at school they were chocolates with mint in the middle.

Shelley - Just noticed the post from the other morning and the dead kitten in the road such a shame but one of those things with cats a risk.

Pamela - Hope you find the right walker for Barney, and have a good weekend any more info on the move? my sister has her house up for sale it went up Tuesday they have 5 viewings today wonder if they will turn up.............
Fecto's mum Hope you have had the storm to break the weather, the storm is here as I have said but according to the weather forecasters on the TV there will be no break in the humidity.......appears this weather is coming from Europe.

P.P The club "forget me not" sounds good, just had a look at the Alzheimers society website and it looks very good. I will try those fishcakes as I have seen them in Sainsburys' but ummed and arrhed about trying them.

I am reading the books by Bernard Cornwell a series of books about a solider/warrior/sword master called Uhtred the year is 885 (and around there) King of England is Alfred........if anyone wants to have a read and pass them on let me know..........

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
19-07-2014, 08:16 AM   #2

Re: Mintola Saturday

Morning Kazz and those to follow. Your an early bird today KAzz!!

I do hope Bella has settled down and the weather has passed. We have been lucky here so far and not had the thunder and lightening. Has been forecast though.
The move wont be happening probably this year due to a few things cropping up and the market not being right in our area so we will sit tight until it picks up again.

Spending today getting a few things we forgot to get yesterday or couldnt find yesterday and then packing the car to leave tomorrow. OHs sister is going to come in and see to the cats twice a day whilst we are away so we dont need to put them in a cattery and they both like her so all good.

Hope you all have a great day. Will "see" you all when we get back on Thursday

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
19-07-2014, 08:46 AM   #3

Hi Kazz. Pamela, and all of you out there in the stormy weather

The thunder started rolling at about 5am here and since then I've been half awake. Both cats are out at the moment rain or not, they have gone to get the 'playfulness' out of their system! I love my wooden flooring, so easy to maintain, but very NOISY with 2 cats playing chase me at ungodly hours!!!

I have checked on the chickens, love them, both cuddled up together in the nest boxes this morning, I think the thunder spooked them too

Ceri has lots of Bernard Cornwell books, when he used to read he loved that series. Conn Iggleston (sp?) is another author in the same vein.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
19-07-2014, 09:32 AM   #4

Morning all ......... have a lovely time away Pamela. Good that your cats won't have to go into a cattery and will stay in the place they know and feel secure with a friendly face popping in to see they are OK. Best option IMO.

Kazz, so sorry Bella is upset - there really isn't all that much you can do, you've done everything you can so she must cope with it herself, poor girl. Our Monty is the same. We were lucky and escaped with a bit of thunder before bed time last evening. Monty and Dora went to their crates at the normal time and I stayed up just in case it got bad, but it didn't. Monty was panting a lot though, not sure if it was heat or anxiety. He's OK this morning and is out in the rain with his master.

I've read some Bernard Cornwell, not the same though .... read his King Arthur trilogy, rather good. Started something with an archer, passed it to a friend and didn't get it back. Will maybe look at Kindle versions, but into Phil Rickman books just now.

Thanks for the fish cake recommendation PP - I do like a nice fc but they can be a bit bland. Glad the cats are OK and the chooks. Think we need more photos!

Have a good day folks - reassuring pats and hugs to Catsey pets that are in need.

PS I remember Mintolas!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
19-07-2014, 12:54 PM   #5

mmmmm montolas, loverly Karen. Sorry to hear Bella is frightened.
It's very hot here but not sunny, also had rain, enough so the carboot wasn't on, really spoiled my plans,lol.
Off to my friends new life party very soon, then picking my eldest up and his partner, they are staying the weekend with us.
Pamela, safe journey on your hols and have a great time.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggies and 1 ragdoll
19-07-2014, 05:01 PM   #6

Afternoon folks. We did have a storm here but not for very long. Started about 3.15am, lots of lightening in the distance. Faired up a bit now, washed Scout's bed and Inky's bed. Had a moment of panic cos the washer didn't spin them properly so had to do them again on a short wash. A bit cooler here but not much, Fecto prefers it, heat doesn't suit him, his fur is very long and thick. Swirl doesn't surface until the afternoon, Barnes was not pleased that he couldn't go out first thing. Scout is slowly emptying her toy box of all her bones. They are spread all over the carpet at the moment, we have 5 so far!

Enjoy the day people, wherever you are.