Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: feral moggy
19-08-2007, 08:56 PM   #11

Re: Dudley

That is a lovely ending and obviously such the right decision to have made for him to be there. What psychological damage he must have had may be settling now. Good luck Dudley

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: all types
19-08-2007, 09:06 PM   #12

That is such a lovely ending but he looks so like mau mau lol

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
17-10-2007, 09:53 PM   #13

Just thought you'd all like to hear about how this bruiser is getting on. It seems he has adopted a couple who live at the back of Dawn. They feed him freshly cooked chicken on his visits and Dawn has to go looking for him. She knows the couple, they are happy for him to visit and in the evenings Dawn takes a walk up with the dogs and gives him a call and he comes home again.
Who knows, maybe this couple will take him on permanently. They say he's a real big softy
I am very pleased for him.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggy
17-10-2007, 09:56 PM   #14

bless him,really really hope they do take him on!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
18-10-2007, 09:47 AM   #15

That sounds hopeful.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
18-10-2007, 10:07 AM   #16

Aww bless. Great this boy has found his happy ending,

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 19 Persians, 2 Oriental SHs
21-10-2007, 12:04 AM   #17

He is such a lovely looking fella but there is something behind those eyes that looks so sad. Bless him.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
13-11-2007, 10:01 PM   #18

Update from Dawn and very good news for Dudley.

When I dropped the cats down the vets I was having a chat to the vet nurse. She mentioned that her friend who lives up the road from me has acquired a cat
Dudley has managed to worm his way into their house, she has even started buying him catfood even though he still comes home for food and he's got his little paws firmly under the table
I found it really amusing, Gill said he just sauntered in one day, decided he liked it and he spends a lot of his time there, the lady was going to get a dog but has now decided she doesn't need one and is happy having the cat around the place
He's brilliant with her kids and Gill said they all love him to bits
He's a crafty one but it's obviously worked
I'm quite surprised he's fine with the kids as Dudley can be quite intimidating if he doesn't get his own way but the fact there's no other cats there could be why he's such a softy with them. He does have a soft side to him and although he was offered a home at the farm up the lane from me, I couldn't bring myself to take him up there because I wanted somewhere he was going to get fussed and somewhere he could call home and be able to curl up in front of the fire

Funny enough I was saying to hubby last night that I would find out where he sneaks off to. I know one of my other friends has been coaxing him back to hers for chicken when she sees him
Considering he was the cat that broke another cats leg, he has certainly calmed down since he's been neutered and having regular food, I'm really chuffed for him because I always knew there was a nice cat in there trying to get out

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
13-11-2007, 10:12 PM   #19

Pleased to hear Dudley is getting on so well Elaine, sounds like he is a changed boy now!

Thanks to Dawn and you for the update!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
13-11-2007, 10:35 PM   #20

Ahhh well done Dudley, on finding yourself a lovely home