Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
08-11-2007, 11:01 AM   #1

Is it me?

Or is it very quiet here these days?

Even in the evenings it seems quieter than it was previously. Or are my tablets giving me delusions?

If you agree any ideas what we can do to gee this place up?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
08-11-2007, 11:21 AM   #2

Re: Is it me?

Yes Jac I have noticed that it's a lot quieter. Some of our more longstanding members don't seem to be contributing as much as they did, and the new ones (apart from a few) don't stick around very long

It could be that people are just too busy, but it does seems far less chatty then it was a while back.

We'll have to get thinking caps on and try and drum up some activity

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
08-11-2007, 11:22 AM   #3

Yes, I have noticed how very quiet it is these days

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggy
08-11-2007, 11:52 AM   #4

Its not you Jac's it has been really quiet lately

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
08-11-2007, 12:00 PM   #5

It has been quiet, which then makes it less interesting, so it has a knock on effect with people not coming on so often...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
08-11-2007, 12:16 PM   #6

Difficult isn't it.
Personally I was very hurt (is that the right word? - disillusioned maybe) by a couple of major spats/cat-fights. Silly I know but I don't like to see friends (OK cyber-friends I know, but I still thought they were friends) laying into each other like, er, cat and dog..
This messageboard has been a lovely place to be and has helped me through bad times and good recently.
But how can you trust and confide when there's still the potential for underlying tension?
So, superficial or solely cat-related is the order of the day here, until my confidence returns.
Am I the only one who fels like this?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
08-11-2007, 12:17 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinahsmum
Difficult isn't it.
Personally I was very hurt (is that the right word? - disillusioned maybe) by a couple of major spats/cat-fights. Silly I know but I don't like to see friends (OK cyber-friends I know, but I still thought they were friends) laying into each other like, er, cat and dog..
This messageboard has been a lovely place to be and has helped me through bad times and good recently.
But how can you trust and confide when there's still the potential for underlying tension?
So, superficial or solely cat-related is the order of the day here, until my confidence returns.
Am I the only one who fels like this?

I wasnt aware there had been any fights.... which in a way is good

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
08-11-2007, 01:04 PM   #8

There was Donna. It wasn't pretty I do feel 'kind of' likewise DM, and it's about trust for me as you do see the ugly underbelly of some coming out and they're not the people you assumed they were. That in itself is a disappointment.

But that is also true in non-cyber friendships and is an unfortunate part of life. Still, no point in having a post mortem over that is there!

I think it's incumbent on all of us to keep the place friendly and accessible and to difuse any potential troubles that might be brewing rather than fuel them.

Speaking of cat-related DM - haven't seen pictures of your two scamps for some time now . . .

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
08-11-2007, 05:10 PM   #9

I hope all the 'bad feeling' is in the past and forgotten now..... we aren't all the same or we would be boring, best to make allowances where we can and get back to our normal happy, interesting Catsey...

By the way, I was absent without permission last evening as I had a bout of sickness .......... all better now and all systems go again!

I forgot to add that I was away on holiday when all the arguments/fights happened and when I returned most of the posts had been deleted so I am not sure of what really went on... All I know is that people said they were leaving but the 'hypnotic' draw of Catsey has brought them back again ......... so surely that says something about Catsey!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
08-11-2007, 05:21 PM   #10

Sorry to hear that, Mags; glad all's better now!

I agree, it hasn't been quite as busy as it normally is lately. Don't know what to suggest except keep posting as many interesting things as we can, lots of pics, and just hope things pick up......