Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Abyssinian tear-aways.
28-06-2006, 01:47 PM   #51

Re: New kittens in a bad way

Sat - if you *will* name a kitten after a many-day party of feasting and excess... Really good to hear they are doing so very well!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
28-06-2006, 01:48 PM   #52

aww so pleased to hear theyre doing better bless them. God knows what would have happened had they stayed where they were

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 2 black moggies
28-06-2006, 10:27 PM   #53

aww bless y ou for taking these little ones on and thank god that you did as well as I think without you they would maybe have died I am sick of the stories of the rspca they are carp IMO can you not report this breeder to someone else or at least keep phoning the rspca and asking them what the heck they intend to do about this breeder and how long are they going to take as if they can not act fast tell them you will put this story in the local paper and see how fast they get their arris in gear then

Catsey Veteran

28-06-2006, 10:29 PM   #54

It wouldnt be a bad idea to tell the papers, to highlight the fact that things like this still go on

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 19 Persians, 2 Oriental SHs
01-07-2006, 12:32 PM   #55

Glad the kittens are on the mend. The sad thing is you do not have to have a license to breed cats as so many of you on here think. You can apply for a registered prefix which the GCCF will register and then all your kittens will have that in front of their registered name e.g. Tilsie Look of Love (Tilsie is my registered prefix and that was the name of one of my babies). You don't have to have a prefix though and the GCCF are not registering the breeder just the prefix. The trouble is most of this type of so called breeder aren't bothered about registered cats so it isn't necessary. Anyone who says they are a registered breeder is in fact lying they may have a registered prefix but that is it. The best way of finding a good responsible breeder, and there are a lot of us out there, is to speak to them in great length, ask to see their other cats, see the general condition of the cats and where they live but the best way of all is by word of mouth.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 11 various
01-07-2006, 01:27 PM   #56

Update:
We have been back to the vets today!!
Katrine could not believe her eyes. She really thought Sat might not make it, so to see her wandering around the exam table was great for her.

Sat is now a respectable 640g and Sol is a whopping 1007g

Eyes are weeping again so we have more eyedrops, and Katrine wants to play it safe so they have another 7 days of antibiotics.
They also have permission to have Tinned kitten food, so they are currently on whiskers, which will be alternated with fresh meat and arden grange kitten biscuits, but they will be continuing to drink lactol.

Sat is wandering around and fighting back when her sister picks on her, and is acting more like a kitten should

We are so pleased and so grateful for everyones support.

Please note that all of your screen names have now had "Aunty" added as a prefix.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 19 Persians, 2 Oriental SHs
01-07-2006, 01:42 PM   #57

What a lovely prefix. Glad the kittens are continuing to improve the weight gain is brilliant.

Catsey Veteran

01-07-2006, 01:53 PM   #58

oh that is fabulous news. So glad to hear these babies have pulled through and are going to be ok now.
Any weight gain is good in kittens isnt it!

Well done for getting them this far!

Global Moderator

01-07-2006, 02:34 PM   #59

So pleased to hear the kittens are getting stronger......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 of the most gorgeous moggiebeasts
01-07-2006, 03:20 PM   #60

Can't believe I missed this thread

Still, it saved me a lot of worrying about those poor mites. Brilliant news that they're doing so much better!

While I morally agree with Dawn, emotionally I suspect I would have taken the kittens and run, myself.