Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: N/A
04-07-2006, 03:33 PM   #21

Re: Tigger went in his litter tray this morning and...

He's fine now Mags.
We havnt took him the vets still. But if anything else happens then my dad said we can take him to the vets to get checked over.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
04-07-2006, 03:56 PM   #22

Glad he's ok now Jane.....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Abyssinian tear-aways.
04-07-2006, 03:56 PM   #23

Yay! your dad! Good to know. Glad Tigger's better again.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 19 Persians, 2 Oriental SHs
04-07-2006, 07:10 PM   #24

Angel my four year old has always intermittently had blood in her poos for all her adult life. She has all the tests the vet could think of and there is nothing wrong with her, except for PKD which is prevelant in Persians and the blood is not connected to that. As long as he is ok in himself everything should be ok but I would get him checked just to be sure especially with his age. If your mum/dad receive housing benefit and income support then the PDSA will treat him and all they ask for is an anonimous donation.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
04-07-2006, 07:22 PM   #25

Just to say the PDSA in Scotland will treat an animal if you get Council tax benefit.
Just thought I would pop that in or if you are a pensioner. That being the case I would get your granny to take him, better safe than sorry.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
04-07-2006, 07:30 PM   #26

Personally had this been my cat he/she would have gone RIGHT to the vets immeditaly, or asap. Not " if anything else happens"

As already said any responsible cat owner should take measures to ensure their pet gets the care they need.

Even when i was out of work my pets still got all and any treatment they needed.
As said PDSA can help, or there may be an RSPCA hospital near you, but my vets are more than happy to let me pay in installemnts if i ever dont have enough with me.

Seems irrisponsible to have NOT taken him. Ok it could be nothing, but the poor cat could drop down VERY poorly any minute.

How do you know it's kidney disease? It could be anything.

If you cant afford the treamtent or arent prepeared to pay it you shouldnt have a cat in my opinion

sorry to be short, but thats what i think

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: N/A
04-07-2006, 10:20 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJK

If you cant afford the treamtent or arent prepeared to pay it you shouldnt have a cat in my opinion

sorry to be short, but thats what i think
Well that's your opinion. Id do anything for my cat, i love him more than anything.

We can afford to take him the vets, (well I cant, but parents can. So they get the say!) But its still really dear!

He's totally fine in him self, eating, drinking, playing.

I'm hurt that you even said I shouldn't have a cat. I would die just for him, I love him that much.

You don't know my cat so you shouldn't say things like that.

But he isn't ill. This thread was only asking what it means to have blood in poo!... Id thought someone would know.

Yeah he did have a tiny bit... I didn't even see it, it was my mum that said she saw it. But she cant see very well anyway.lol.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
04-07-2006, 10:52 PM   #28

Hi Janey

If your cat is eating/drinking/playing and fine in herself then I would say there can't be too much wrong. One of my cats has had small traces of blood in her poo occasionally, if she was obviously ill then she would be to the vets like a shot, but I know my cats and make decisions in their best interests. It might be worth mentioning the blood next time you are at the vets or even phoning them? Perhaps even ring one of the vet help lines (be careful they are not cheap). Obviously, if you are concerned then I am sure you wil do the right thing by her, you sound as if you really love her.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
04-07-2006, 10:59 PM   #29

Jane, my cat Arthur has had blood in his stools twice now, the first time I was so frightened that I rushed him to the vets, the vet told me that it was quite common although something that should be checked, he stayed in overnight and they checked he hadn't been poisoned or anything horrible like that. The vet reckons that he ate a mouse that was either already dead or wasn't very healthy itself and it upset his tummy, his stools where bright red (looked a bit like jelly) and the smell was awful!!!

It has happened since and I did not take him to the vets but we kept an eye on him and he recovered after being kept indoors and having a few meals.

I agree it is a worry but if caused by them eating something that doesn't agree with them, I believe from what my vet said it happens more than most people realise (with cats going to the toilet outside)

One thing my vet did say was if there was any blood and/or his stools were black (a sign of internal bleeding further up the body) and also if he was being sick, you need to get him to a vet immediately.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
04-07-2006, 11:04 PM   #30

For Jane and anybody else who has experienced blood in their cats stool, might find this interesting to read

http://www.vetinfo4cats.com/cbloodystools.html

I would still suggest if you are worried that you seek veterinary advice