Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
04-02-2007, 09:35 PM   #1

Dear Bailey

There is this sweet burmese that lives round here, he's always in the garden and recently has started coming in and nosing round the house. My 3 just look at him and walk off - he's everyone's friend.

At about 5pm today there was a knock on the door. I was feeding Sebastian so Ken answered. He came running downstairs and to the back door. He said the man that had come to the door mentioned a cat lying on the access road behind our house. He knew we had cats so knocked on our door.

I ran out with him; and it was Bailey. He was still warm I ran off to the flats and just knocked on the door of the only flat I could see with (a) catflap and (b) lights on. I told the woman that answered and she thought that at first he was hurt so I had to tell her no, he's dead. Ken brought him up off the road and put him on our garden table. I was so upset - there wasn't a mark on him, but his tongue was lolling out

Dear, young, beautiful Bailey - run free little sweet friendly kitty, sorry I couldn't have helped you.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
04-02-2007, 09:38 PM   #2

Re: Dear Bailey

Oh how tragic!! Run free little Bailey xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
04-02-2007, 09:49 PM   #3

What a sad story and such a stunning cat RIP Bailey x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
04-02-2007, 09:52 PM   #4

That's very sad. Poor Bailey. Well done Yola & Ken for being helpful, it really makes a difference. When my cat was killed in a RTA, I was so grateful to the people who stopped to wrap her in a blanket & call me....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
04-02-2007, 10:03 PM   #5

Run free little beauty x

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
04-02-2007, 10:23 PM   #6

Poor Bailey, that is so tragic Well done Yola and hubby for being so helpful.....

RIP Bailey x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
04-02-2007, 11:03 PM   #7

So so sad. A beautiful boy; run free little one......

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 2 DSH and a Siamese
05-02-2007, 12:21 AM   #8

Run free beautiful boy!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
05-02-2007, 09:43 AM   #9

Oh Yola what a horrible way to end your weekend. Bet you didn't sleep well - I know I wouldn't. The only consolation for al concerned is that it was quick and that he was found immediately.
Last week, on my way back from Mum, there was a 'fox' on the bank my side of the road. As I neared it I wondered how it appeared to have darker patches in its fur. I got alongside and could see it was the mosy beautiful, big, fluffy dark tortie. On her back, with her head pointing down towards the road and her tail end up the bank. Beautiful thing. It was near the last house in a small village - I'm sure her people would have found her quite easily, and it wasn't raining or anything, so she would have been lying there waiting for them.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
05-02-2007, 11:38 AM   #10

Just reading through my post and realised it was a big garbled . . .sorry. I didn't sleep well and am still very upset about Bailey as he was a real little love .

However have vented my anger a bit. The access road on which he was found runs behind our house and was bought by a housing association when they built a couple of bungalows for disabled residents on some derilict land a bit behind us. The road used to be unmade and this meant cars had to drive slowly along it. The HA asphalted it and all the nobs round here (including visitors to the bungalows) now speed along really fast (do you really need to get up to third gear on a 20m stretch of road???)

I've been nagging them for speed humps for months so this morning a very snotty email was fired off to them

Sorry - rambling again