Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
20-01-2007, 03:42 PM   #1

Ben,Black Lab

Ben was my friends boy. He was thought to be about 2 when she got him from a rescue. He was petrified of everyone and everything. When found, he had a dud firework tied to his tail. The hair never did grow back in. He had to be sidated each firework night, infact from a few days before hand and after. He ate his way through two doors and one couch. He was the reason my friend went mobile. As a mobile hairdresser she could take him to alot of houses and work round him. If he liked you he would pull back his mouth and give you a "smile" alot of people took it as a noisless growel. He was my friends life! Unfortunatly yesterday she took him to the vet as he had been off his food and didnt want to go out. The vet descovered that he was bleeding internally. He thought a massive tumer was to blame. There were alot of teasts done and in the end they decided that the best thing they could do for Ben was to let him go to the bridge.
I only saw him on Monday, I got my smile and he sat on me! He loved to be as near to you as possible.
My friend id devostated, such a loss. At least he had 9 years of love and devotion.
So Ben, Run free at the bridge. Thank you for all the smiles over the years and being sat on. You will be sadly missed by many.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
20-01-2007, 03:53 PM   #2

Re: Ben,Black Lab

I hope it won't be too long before your friend can have the happy memories without the current sadness Jac.
Ben sounds a lovely boy. Isn't it amazing what they can forgive, and still love people?

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
20-01-2007, 04:14 PM   #3

Such a sad loss, such a lovely boy

RIP Ben x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
20-01-2007, 04:26 PM   #4

He was a perfect example of dogs forgiveness ( pitty some people are such cruel monsters). He was a gentle, loveing boy.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
20-01-2007, 06:37 PM   #5

Run free little one x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
21-01-2007, 03:53 PM   #6

So sad. Run free lovely Ben.