Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: .
Luke is Male
15-10-2005, 11:01 AM   #1

right everyone, want your advice

well as you all know we have been after a siamese kitten for some time, with numerous 'let downs' eithjer on our part as we have no transport, or the breeders say a BIG no when we answer with the breeds of dogs we have, and its gotten a little ridiculous, we came close to a kitten recentlly, but left it to late and she was gone and now we have began to review the situation.
Shou,ld we go for a siamese?
or do we go for a moggy?
quite literally we could have a moggy any day of the week, the local farm has an abundance of kittens, or do we hold out for that siamese? it just seems that we wouldn't show, nor probably breed so it seems a little pointless for just a pet, i'm now not sure. Maybe its cause it has been such a rollercoaster, so any advice?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
15-10-2005, 11:13 AM   #2

Re: right everyone, want your advice

Wot a toughie Luke. Unfortunately it's one of those questions where only you know the answer. I know it's not much help.

If you've got your heart set on a Siamese then hold out for it.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
15-10-2005, 11:15 AM   #3

Okay Luke let me ask you some questions then maybe you can answer your own question.

1. Why do you want a cat?
2. Would a siamese be more loved than a moggy?

I think if you can answer those two honestly then you have your answer.

Karen

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: .
Luke is Male
15-10-2005, 11:20 AM   #4

we want a cat as a pet, nothing else a pet that will be loved and treated like a family member
Nope a moggy wouldn't be loved any less than a siamese, im not a very breed/pedigree predujice person
Best wishes

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
15-10-2005, 11:27 AM   #5

It's really only a question you can answer Luke. If I remember rightly your very first post on CP back in June was about getting a kitten then. If you have been having all these disappointments and let downs since then, and you really want another cat that badly, why not get a little moggy now(they give just as much love).....then who knows, you may be able to get a siamese later (I'm sure you would be able to twist your Mum round your little finger ). Have a think about it

Admin Team

Cats owned: Bengal
Az is Male
15-10-2005, 01:15 PM   #6

It depends what you want Luke....

You obviously looked at the Siamese for a reason to begin with? Perhaps you like their character? Looks? Personality?

Pedigree Cat breeds have very different traits and normally people are drawn to them for the particular ones for their chosen breed.

With a moggie you will not know what its personality, charcter or looks are going to end up like, I'm sure you would love it all the same no matter what but it may be a bit of a 'gamble'.

Why not pop along to a Cat show? It will help you see how different these breeds are from one another! Some will be very laid back and chilled out whilst others will be active and wanting your attention all the time

If I had my way I'd have one of each breed!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
15-10-2005, 02:20 PM   #7

I agreee with everything Az has said, I love the siamese personality,you know what to expect...with a moggy you don't..., Exotics also have a personality of their own, It depends what you want from a l
kitten..................

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
15-10-2005, 02:35 PM   #8

If I had my heart set on something and couldn't get it ie cost, travel, let downs then I would go down another avenue. Why not get intouch with the local cat protection or cat and dog home. See what they have on offer OR go to a breed specific rescue and see what they have.
One way or another let us know what you decide. Best of luck

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
15-10-2005, 02:50 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moli
I agreee with everything Az has said, I love the siamese personality, you will not get that with a moggy, Exotics also have a personality of their own, It depends what you want from a l
kitten..................
I disagree, there are good and bad in every breed including moggies. I have known some quite vicious Siamese....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
15-10-2005, 04:48 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretty Kitty
I disagree, there are good and bad in every breed including moggies. I have known some quite vicious Siamese....
I agree with you completely, I have know quite a few vicious siamese, Oliver can be really nasty!!!I just love the characteristic's of the siamese....
Every cat has it's own personality.....