Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

View Poll Results: what type of cat do u have?
pedigree (non active) 7 31.82%
pedigree (active) 3 13.64%
moggys 11 50.00%
crosses (not moggys) 1 4.55%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
03-10-2005, 09:40 AM   #31

Re: pedigree/moggy cats

I wouldn't know where to begin accepting Visa Jac

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll & Moggy
03-10-2005, 01:57 PM   #32

most pll i know in my breed takes back pups/kittens and yes that is big show ppl, im so glad im not in boxers. breeders like that should be named and shamed

you have a PET cat i sore it on her website you paid PET price why or why do u want to bred from a PET. she might have a great pedigree and come from great lines but the breeder thought she was PET quality, have you not thought thats why the breeder has so many left? cos there not the best type

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Black & White
03-10-2005, 02:29 PM   #33

Not fair. I have none

What do you mean by "non active" and "active"?

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
03-10-2005, 02:40 PM   #34

I didn't know what that meant either Amanda but Nat (Bobbie3917) has kindly explained it in post No 6 in this thread.......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
03-10-2005, 02:44 PM   #35

Thats exactly right!!!! and why I wont breed from her. I was a little green round the gills but isnt everyone at some point in there lifes?

I will be breeding Bengals when I have 1/ a bigger house 2/ more knowlage 3/ bigger purse strings and 4/the heart to part with kittens.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Black & White
03-10-2005, 02:52 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbie3917
when you buy a kitten there are 2 different types and prices

most cats either tom or she cat are non active that means that it is just a pet, it can still be shown but cannot be bred from, or if you do then the kittens cannot be a pedigree cat.

if you are looking for a queen or a stud they you are looking for a cat that is on the active reg that means that it can be shown and breed from.

the non active cats are cheaper and should come with a contract saying that it should be desexed before the age of 6 months. only the cats breeder can change it from non active to active

if you get lost i will try again LOL
Found it, Thanks Jac & Mags

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll & Moggy
03-10-2005, 03:29 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jac
Thats exactly right!!!! and why I wont breed from her. I was a little green round the gills but isnt everyone at some point in there lifes?

I will be breeding Bengals when I have 1/ a bigger house 2/ more knowlage 3/ bigger purse strings and 4/the heart to part with kittens.
im glad to hear that Jac
i was not trying to have a go at you but i thought i would try to point out to you that breeding cats is just like breeding dogs and a lot goes in to it not just the fact you have a she cat, there are health tests and all to think of

Catsey Junior

10-10-2005, 10:44 PM   #38

IN answer to your question Quote" But why can't the kittens of non active pet be recognised as a non active pet be recognised as a pedigree" If your cat is a Pedigree and the Breeder have put the kitten on a non active register this means that you can not breed from it, but you can show it as a Neuter.

Admin Team

Cats owned: Bengal
Az is Male
10-10-2005, 10:57 PM   #39

Further to what Jade has said...

A kitten that isn't on the 'active' register is still a pedigree - being on the non-active register just means you cannot breed from them. (You can show them as normal etc they are no less a pedigree, just have a restriction that they are not to be bred from.)

With regards to someone being naughty and breeding a cat that is meant to be on the non-active register, then the kittens of that mating would not be allowed to be registered as pedigrees. And they couldn't be shown.

That's why it is always advisable to buy a kitten from a reputable breeder.

hope that helps!
(please correct me if Im wrong!)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
10-10-2005, 11:01 PM   #40

That's how I understand it to be Az..