Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
18-11-2005, 08:42 PM   #11

Re: Remember these

Hope you get better soon Luke.
My niece had meningitis a few years ago, she was very poorly & very, very lucky that her parents were on the ball & got medical advice immediately. Thankfully she made a full recovery.
I'm sure your doctor is happy with the situation otherwise he wouldn't have carted you off to the hosp.

Are the spots itchy?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: .
Luke is Male
18-11-2005, 08:56 PM   #12

thanks everyone, time will tell what it is, i have been sick 4 times this evening, headaches sweating etc etc, so not sure will just wait till Monday, although ive noticed a few more spots come up going up my arm........

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
18-11-2005, 08:57 PM   #13

I hope you get over "whatever" it is.

Catsey Veteran

Luke is Male
18-11-2005, 08:58 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgley
Hope you get better soon Luke.
My niece had meningitis a few years ago, she was very poorly & very, very lucky that her parents were on the ball & got medical advice immediately. Thankfully she made a full recovery.
I'm sure your doctor is happy with the situation otherwise he wouldn't have carted you off to the hosp.

Are the spots itchy?
yes smudgeley, itchy, with a white sort of crust on them, and very sore to touch

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
18-11-2005, 09:14 PM   #15

I'd say chicken pox too. I had it when I was 14 and was quite ill with it - lost a couple of days to delerium.. Recovered fine & without problem but not nice at the time.

Anyway, you take care Luke and we'll get reports on how you're doing.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: bengal
18-11-2005, 10:38 PM   #16

If at all your worried that it could still be meningitis go to the hospital! My step grandson wasn't diagnosed with it by the doctor untill it was almost too late and he had most of the syptoms but the rash, at which point he was almost unconcious and rushed to hospital. He fortunately made a full recovery but did have to have skin graphs to correct a hand difformity that the blood poising caused, he was a vey lucky little baby and is luckily a very lovely little boy.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
18-11-2005, 10:46 PM   #17

I'm pretty sure it's not meningitis as Luke wouldn't be on his computer now, he would be feeling too rough. Are you still being sick Luke?

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 2 moggies
19-11-2005, 01:21 AM   #18

Poor thing!!! I do hope you are feeling better soon!

Catsey Veteran

Luke is Male
19-11-2005, 10:17 AM   #19

i now am positive its chicken pox, they arent as red but have gone larger and as ive scratched them, like chicken pox they seem to be scarring i have 5 new spots now, including 3 on my neck, so whatever it is it isnt going.............

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
19-11-2005, 10:26 AM   #20

If they are like blisters then its chicken pox. You may have a viral infection as well just to round things off. If your mother is atall worried go to the hospital