Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
10-07-2007, 02:49 AM   #51

Re: Death of a Cat

It's the not knowing that hurts, even after all these many, many years.....

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Long hair
10-07-2007, 07:10 AM   #52

Yeah, still I wonder if he is still walking around, going to another home to make another child happy.

When I was little, I had very bad circulation in my legs and they were thinking about amputation cause my legs were basically dieing, and my parents wern't top-knotch supportive "It'll be okey". I sat outside on the back porch because the doctors told me that I needed more sunlight and I heard a meow under the porch, and I got down and looked and it was a Cat about a year old what the vet said with a huge Gash on his head and he was my little buddy for a few months cause he would play with me,sleep with me,and he would lay on my legs to keep them warm. Then I woke up one morning and I couldn't feel my legs. So, we went to the emergancy rooms and the Doctor said that my legs were Asleep, meening that there was a good circulation and that everything seemed normal and it stayed that way. Sadly, when I got home. He wasn't home either. I looked everywhere, but I couldn't find him. It was funny cause that day we took his stitches out aswell and my legs got better. Thats why I'm so inlove with Cats, just cause their so friendly and they're the perfect pet to just cuddle with. ^_^

(Except Garfeild o.o;; He'll beat me up T_T)

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: all types
10-07-2007, 08:01 AM   #53

i have not experienced a cat dying yet i dont want to either

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Domestic Shorthairs & Longhair
10-07-2007, 05:10 PM   #54

I personally bury all of my animals in the garden.

However at the vets we offer 4 options. The owner can either take the cat home for burial, we can have the cat cremated with no ashes returned, we can have the cat cremated with ashes returned for the owner to scatter, or we can have the cat cremated with the ashes returned in a wooden casket with engraved nameplate.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: na
10-07-2007, 06:02 PM   #55

Because we have alot of Foxes that come into our garden and anything small we have buried, no matter how deep we bury them has always been dug up and eaten by the foxes, we decided to bury our cats in very large pots and plant summer/winter bedding plants in them....the good thing is that we will always be able to take the pots with us should we move house...

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 4 different kinds
10-07-2007, 08:01 PM   #56

I haven't lost a cat yet......i don't know what i will do when the time comes i haven't thought of it......i think id like to have them cremated.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Black Moggie
andrew021 is Male
11-07-2007, 08:24 AM   #57

Since I started this thread, there has been some interesting comments and it seems people have their individual preferences.

Still would like to have Jet cremated and have her ashes. As she is still only three I hope to have a few good years left with her, unless I go first !!

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Long hair
11-07-2007, 10:53 PM   #58

Wer'e having my dog Scruffy Cremated. Just because when I move for college, My Mom and Dad are selling the house and my Dad is going to work for the AFA which they travle constantly. So they're renting an RV and Mom wants to take Scruffy with her since she has been in the family for so long.