Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
23-08-2006, 01:37 PM   #51

Re: Cat with 2 faces?

I think there is a link to the newspaper article written about the cat on the video page.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Moggies
23-08-2006, 03:47 PM   #52

I've just read this post from start to finish, and not really sure what I think - I dont think pts is the way to go though. Our other fosterer had a 20 yo Persian that at first glance you thought 'god, she is cruel' - yet spend 5 mins with her, and she showed what a zest for life she had (She has sadly been pts since), and she now has a disabled kitten that you think 'aww, how sad' when you see her walking, but the vet monitored her before agreeing that she was fine to be rehomed (and the kitten had been taken to be pts cos of this 'tremor'). So, what I am saying is appearances can be deceptive, and I am not sure you can make that judgement from an internet video clip. He might have more issues walking, but that doesn't mean that he doesn't have a good quality of life, and taking the teeth out of his spare mouth isn't that big a deal. And I can't see how him allowing to be carried through shopping centres shows anything wrong with him - they could have been doing this since he was a kitten, so it could be normal to him. No way, I would try it, and no idea why anyone would, but I have read people on American forums taking the cats to the petstore.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 2 tabbies (Gordon & Ramsay)
23-08-2006, 05:29 PM   #53

I don't see why he should have been put to sleep. He seems healthy and happy.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 2 black moggies
05-09-2006, 01:00 PM   #54

Looking at the way this cat was licking his owner at the end of the video I have to say he looks a happy chappy to me. If she wants to take him shopping so what a lot of Americans do that with their cat in a little shoulder bag rather like some of the celebs take a dog.
I would not have put this little one to sleep who can judge if he is brain damaged or not I for one cant as I dont have enough information to start with.
No one has any proof that the cat is brain damamged in any case. Remember the old saying "unless you walk in a persons shoes you cant really know "
My friend has a cat who when he was a kitten walked into one of those stand mirrors that swing and he hit his head on it, He is brain damaged now but that was 8 years ago, and he still plays and runs around with the other 3 cats and he has a wonderful life so should he have been put to sleep I dont think so Just my opnion of course and I respect peoples opinions that differ from mine.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Moggie
25-09-2006, 03:48 PM   #55

if it's health not in pain and is loved then I think its fine to live its nartual life.