Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: .
Luke is Male
16-08-2006, 08:27 PM   #11

Re: Cat with 2 faces?

I agree with mags and other-would have been kinder to pts when younger, sure he's loved-but still there MUST be a comprimisation on some quality of life..

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 2 cats
17-08-2006, 08:50 AM   #12

Quote:
Sorry, but I feel the humane thing to have done would be to euthanize the poor little deformed thing painlessly. It can never enjoy a normal life...
Please could you explain to me why you would take an animal's life just because it didn't look normal considering the animals has no idea how it looks.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: .
Luke is Male
17-08-2006, 08:53 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie
Please could you explain to me why you would take an animal's life just because it didn't look normal considering the animals has no idea how it looks.
Because these looks/deformities could (and probably will/does) have a massive impact of the quality of life the animal lives-in my eyes, when the quality of life is comprimised there is only one decision to make.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
17-08-2006, 09:08 AM   #14

I am lost for words.......he looks a lovely kitty x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
17-08-2006, 11:36 AM   #15

He has 3 eyes, the centre one is nonfunctional

One of his faces has had all the teeth removed as it's mouth doesn't lead to an esophegus

He walks in circles to get the right perspective on things.

she takes him to PETCO and admitts that it does cause a comotion but she takes him anyway. This makes me think that she is using him as an object to be gawped at.

If any of my cats had a deformity and I had decided on not having it euthenised, I wouldn't take the cat to a shop knowing full well that it would be gawped at and cause a stir.

I'm sorry but, in my opinion, this is no way for a pet to live.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
17-08-2006, 01:42 PM   #16

I agree with everything Nae has said, with those deformaties how can anyone say the poor cat can live a normal life.

I also think the owner is using him as 'something different'......how many owners would take their cat shopping with them, knowing full well that the attention he would get with his deformaties would be distressing to children and adults alike?

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 2 cats
17-08-2006, 03:03 PM   #17

again I ask why because the cat doesn't look good does he/she not have quality of life. Even if his owner does take him around and put him on display all he knows is that he is with the person who cares for him not that he is a freak. I really feel very strongly that we cannot attribute human feelings to a cat and as long as it is not in pain is well fed and cared for and the owners can live with how the cat looks what harm is there.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
17-08-2006, 03:20 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie
again I ask why because the cat doesn't look good does he/she not have quality of life. Even if his owner does take him around and put him on display all he knows is that he is with the person who cares for him not that he is a freak. I really feel very strongly that we cannot attribute human feelings to a cat and as long as it is not in pain is well fed and cared for and the owners can live with how the cat looks what harm is there.
Rosie this has been answered for you, its isnt its looks alone its IS the quality of life is doesnt have! Naomi has pointed out several things, Ill say them again for you.
1. The Cat sees like a Horse! Great!
2. He circles a room. Hardly the behaviour of a "normal" Cat.
3. She takes him shopping in Petco!! what normal Cat would stand for that!
4. One of his faces has had all the teeth removed as it's mouth doesn't lead to an esophegus, how is that at all fair?

She is selfish!
Dawn.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Black & White
17-08-2006, 03:50 PM   #19

I'm speechless.....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
17-08-2006, 05:31 PM   #20

Dont know what to say, really. gorgeous cat even with the deformity.